Dam quick 2001 line roller shaft worn

Started by Ski, July 23, 2016, 01:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ski

I recently acquired a dam quick 2001.  I plan on fixing it up and using it.  I've already replaced the rusty pinion bearing and now I'm trying to find a bail arm without a worn line roller shaft.  The hard tungsten carbide roller wore a deep groove and it will not spin freely.  I found a NOS bail arm on the big auction site for a dam quick 2000 and was wondering if it would fit. It's a different part # but the size looks close. Also, does anyone have some tips on making the quick line rollers spin freely?  My other quick reels with line roller shafts in good condition just don't seem to spin free enough even with reeling under tension. I've been using a radio shack lube with ptfe for the rollers.

Ski

Just giving an update. I ordered a new old stock bail wire off eBay for a 2000 dam quick and it fit perfectly on my 2001 quick. The 2000 bail wire is shaped differently but the line roller shaft is an exact match.  :)

Dominick

Ski good for you.  I see that there was no response to your post which is unusual on this site.  I bypassed it because I know nothing about Dam Quicks and I was sure someone who does would have responded.  P'm glad it worked out for you.  Now fish it and post some fish photos.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.