2017 SOA TRIP QUERY...

Started by sundaytrucka, August 02, 2016, 12:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundaytrucka

I am planning on going on the next AT charter in 2017, speaking out loud here, and wanted to know if anybody heard rumors of the SOA trying for the permit to fish Guadalupe Island? I will send Anne Marie an e-mail about the inquiry, but wanted to see if anybody may have inquired or heard something.

I know it may just be rumors, but June of 2017 is a long way away, and I need to pass the time. Lol

There has been a lot of talk in the Long Range community about Mexico expanding the release of permits for sport boats to fish the island, so I am hoping it is a possibility.

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

alantani

please feel free to contact her on our behalf!!!!  decent sized yellow fin would be awesome!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Aiala

ROYAL POLARIS and ROYAL STAR are there right now... catching big'uns.   8)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

sundaytrucka

E-mailed Anne Marie about Guadalupe permit, and received a very quick response...

She said they "were" in the application process earlier this year, but pulled out because they heard there would be no more new permits given to sports boats. (A lot of hoops to jump throughout the application process.) She added that even if the application process was pursued further and they were awarded one to fish Guadalupe, it would not allow fishing at Guadalupe in June.

Apparently the boats with permits are not allowed to fish the island in spring and early summer, and mentioned in 2015 those same permit holders were not allowed at the island until October.

I am happy fishing where ever we end up.

- Scott

MarkT

I think they have to check in to Ensenada either on the way down or back and that cuts into the fishing time.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

bill has been wanting a "later" trip for some time.  we'll see. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

sundaytrucka

Quote from: alantani on August 03, 2016, 02:54:28 AM
bill has been wanting a "later" trip for some time.  we'll see. 

I would be open to a later trip...permits would be a bonus.

Maybe work in a 8-10 day now that you are officially retired???

-Scott

theswimmer

later would work for me......
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

MarkT

Aiala

Quote from: MarkT on August 03, 2016, 02:30:27 AM
I think they have to check in to Ensenada either on the way down or back and that cuts into the fishing time.

On the way down AND back. And be boarded by gun-toting soldiers with sniffer dogs, etc etc.  :P

~A~

MarkT

I'd trade that hassle for a 75# YT and a 150# YFT.

Aiala

Quote from: MarkT on August 03, 2016, 02:21:17 PM
I'd trade that hassle for a 75# YT and a 150# YFT.

Mark, yup. The slug YTs are generally more like 40-50, but 150 YFTs are definitely on the menu. 

BTW, do you happen to know if EXCEL has Guadalupe permits?   :)

~A~

DFT

I heard the Shogun is another boat that may be able to fish the island next year.
It is just an exciting place to fish. 

MarkT

Excel doesn't have permits for the Lupe.

SoCalAngler

The June trip conflicts with a tourney I fish in Baja around that time, though I may not fish it next year.

Later would be better fishing wise but I don't think the SOA has any openings later in the year, unless a charter drops out. Here is their schedule for this year and it does not seem to have openings right now. A year or two ago the boat had some open trips later in the year but it looks like those slots got filled.

The only open trip seems to be the one before the AT trip.

http://www.spiritofadventurefishing.com/news/fishing-schedule