Fantum 135

Started by oldmanjoe, February 25, 2024, 01:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

I received this reel from  JasonGotaProblem  .    I never paid attention to the shinny O C reels   "Freshwater reels ".   Well this reel is mostly all aluminum , made for saltwater .    Made around 1941 ish . 300 yards line capacity .         
         Two screw take apart with a different bridge assembly than I am use to .  Very simple and well made ,    The 4 posts and the cut out for the dog spring and dog make this very easy to assemble .   Wear washer under the pinion gear and the simple high hat keyed drag assemble .   Extremely light reel "No line " about 10 1/2 oz .    I have to try it out !  :fish 
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Shellbelly

Thanks, Joe!  I love my Penns, but digging into the OC reels is more interesting to me.  You can't always predict what's inside and, after a while, you can see how OC designs evolved. 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)