TEKOTA 800

Started by BILOXITARHEEL, August 02, 2016, 04:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BILOXITARHEEL

ISO handle nut for a Tekota 800. Actually need 2 of them.

RiverAngler

What is the part #? I may have one for you. I upgraded to the chrome acorn nit and keeper and have the stock ones left over.

Ralph
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

BILOXITARHEEL

Part Nos:  TGT0425 & TGT0557

RiverAngler

Sorry. Don't have that part. I have 2 that will fit a calcutta 200/250:part#BNT0797, which is the same # for both the 250 or 200. If you get a chance ask Shimano if these #'s cross reference. If so, you can have both of these.

Ralph
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

RiverAngler

Is it a brass nut with a plastic cover or an chrome acorn nut?

Ralph

RiverAngler

I just looked at the schematic, and yeah, I don't have one. Even tried another source that usually has hard to find parts, and no go. I tried.

Ralph

Zimbass

Try Southwestern Parts. They show them as being in stock.

http://southwesternparts.com/

Cheers.

Terry.

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

handi2

If it's the same size as the Trinidad 40 and 50 reels I have one.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Jon_Kol

Is this a special version, or the standard brass nut + plate?

http://schematics.mikesreelrepair.com/albums/shimano/Shimano_tek_800.pdf

If it's the version which looks the same on the 500,600,700 Tekota's, I don't think there would be any trouble getting the parts mentioned via my source here in Norway. Norway actually has the largest stock of spare Shimano parts in all of Europe, I deal with them several times every month.

Feel free to send me a message or reply here if you want me to check out the status on the mentioned parts. If they're in stock here, it's no bother for me to send them to you in an envelope.

oc1

I agree RiverAngler.  There should be a readily available cross reference guide for all Shimano part numbers.  They change the part numbers with every model even though the parts themselves may be identical.  There have been several threads lately about impossible-to-find Shimano parts and some of those problems may have been avoided if there was a cross reference guide.  There is no economic incentive for Shimano to do it, but it would improve their deteriorating image.
-steve