TLD 50 goes boom!!!

Started by CaptDavDavis01, March 19, 2011, 11:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptDavDavis01

Alto Mare

WOW! AMAZING. :o  I'M LIKING MY OLDER REEL EVEN MORE NOW.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

kamuwela

me thinks he needs a 130 a blue fin on a 50?  isnt that like bringing a pea shooter to a gun fight?  tuna's have amazing strength and power. we fight yellowfin on tiagra's and penn's from 50 to 130 class but hawaii's record yellowfin is around 350 pound's what is the record bluefin? that reel had some major stress, notice pole resting against gunnel?  im still waiting for one to bite my hot rodded 50 lol we will see what give's first lol.

Fishermans Paradise

not sure what the record is but one of the charter Captains I work with is known to grab 2 giant bluefins each season, 700+ lbs, yes he uses 130's but most guys targeting the smaller bluefin, under 200 lbs, will use 50's, just not graphite frames !

kamuwela

700lbs wow thanks got's me answer. aloha kamu

Roger

Them TLD's 'll do it to ya every time........

They've been catching some big bft off of N. Carolina here in the last few weeks........
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

CaptDavDavis01

There was an 805 caught last week from the same body of fish... The new NC state record.  Id say the avg fish is 180 to 250 in this fishery, they seem to hve gotten a little bigger each year. A typical day could be 5 to 20 bites, a ot of fish are falling to the guys jigging(lots of heart break storys as well).

I landed one about 150-175 last winter in a Torium 30...  never doing that again, damn wrist and elbow still arent right.

Danny

Keta

I've seen the same thing happen with large YFT.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain