Duel Reel Parts

Started by JDL, August 11, 2016, 12:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDL

Evening all - This is Doug from JDL Treasures/Platinum Reel Parts.  As we have stated in previous posts, we are 100% committed to the fishing business by supplying the market with the most diverse selections, hard to find parts on the planet.  My team and I work really hard to find as many parts as possible, of all brands.  Granted we are in the business to make a profit - not going to lie about that - but as lifetime avid boaters, divers, etc we love this business.  

Not sure if there are many looking for these but just want to let you all know that we just got in about 3000 VERY hard to find - DUEL Big Game parts - from 2.5/0 to 12/0.  We just started getting them posted today  and will have plenty more up in the next few days.  Here is a link to them.

http://www.platinumreelparts.com/

Let us know if there is anything in particular that you are looking for and we can see if we have them.   Thank you all!!  

alantani

hi, doug!  not sure how to proceed here.  we've had a general rule against ebay posts on this site because we have wanted to avoid unknowing bidding wars among members.  let's leave the link up for now and i'll see if anyone has any strong feelings one way or another.  thanks for your understanding.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JDL

Alan - you run the site so it is your call.  Just want to give a little insight on how we work.  We DO NOT use auction format for ANY of our listings - so someone bidding against another will not be possible.  We have every item listed as a Buy it Now with BEST offer.  Many on this site have used the best offer option for the fact that parts have NO Value except to the person that needs that part.   IF we used parts pricing from the time the reels were made we would be selling parts for cents not dollars!!  We focus on parts that no one has and you can not find.  We sell all of our items on ebay - it is easy, it has best offer, and using their SEO driving traffic to the store is easy.  We get 100,000 plus views monthly and to get that to our site would be nearly impossible for the fees we pay.   Anyway - if you would like to remove the link that is fine - if anyone needs anything they can contact me directly.  Our website www.platinumreelparts.com - www.usedreelparts.com - www.jdltreasures.com will all go to our ebay store.  Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.  Thank you

broadway

JD,
    I have seen you guys on ebay... you've got a great selection of parts, and I can certainly appreciate the fact that you won't have us bidding against each other. 
I personally don't have a problem with your store link (because your site won't pin members against one another), but I'm not a big fan of advertising on a site that doesn't have advertisements.  Clearly, you've joined to sell your items to we tinkerers/fishermen who live on here and call this place home.  Most of us in this hobby know where your site is already, and I would hate to have others follow suit and join just to push people to their site (more traffic) and to sell their wares.  That would make this site just like the rest, in my opinion.  Alan has found a way to keep this place feeling like home, and I certainly appreciate and wanna keep it that way.  I don't call the shots around here and others may feel differently, so hopefully we can get some more opinions on this one. 
I'm pretty protective of this site as it's the only forum that I'm an (active) member of, and don't want it going the way of BloodyDecks, which advertisements and bad attitudes have destroyed (another opinion of mine.)
PS- you guys are avid boater and divers that sell fishing gear??
Thanks
Dom

JDL

We actually did not join this to push our wares.   IF you look at the only two postings we have - the first one was a response to Rudy - rowdyw - who is local to us and saw our stock and posted about us.  We chimed in and explained who we are and what we do.   I am personally on 2 forums.  This one and Key West boats.  That is it.   We do not drive traffic to our store by posting on sites.  We use organically grown - google searches and ebay searches to sell our products.  We do not have a website and all traffic goes through ebay.  The only reason we posted about Duel parts is because there were a few posts of people looking for Duel parts.  Well we have them.   We have plenty of other parts from 20 different manufacturers but we know if some is searching for them - they will find them.  If you take a look at my other posts - was some time ago - you will see we were asked for pictures, links, etc.   Anyway - if someone wants to remove the post - it will not hurt my feelings. 

To answer your question.   I have owned a watercraft since I was 17 years old.   I have owned 3 fishing boats and 11 other pleasure boats.   I have fished about 10 times in my life.  I owned 6 senator combos back in the early 2000's.   I was instructor certified in diving but worked in the telecommunication business for the past 26 years - for myself that is.  I self learned products such as Avaya, Nortel, Panasonic, NEC, etc.  My wife and I in 2010 went into an internet business together selling many different things.  We were selling rods and reels - through a long string of other items and then fell into the parts business.   Again I self taught myself the business and now can part, put together and pretty much repair most reels.  I do not do that but sure can.   So I hope that answers your question.  Let me know if I can be of any other help.  Thank you

Tightlines667

I like the link.  Parts bidding wars are highly unlikely, and these guys are a valuable parts source that not all members are aware of.  Just my 2 cents here.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

alantani

gonna leave it just like this for now.  kick back and enjoy the stay!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JDL