Dam Quick Spinning

Started by sharkman, August 16, 2016, 08:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Can anybody tell me about this reel. It says 300l.

foakes

Skirted spool -- manufactured in Germany early 80's -- worm drive -- quality components -- good, solid reel.

Second generation of the Championship Series --

I would not use it in the salt -- just fresh water.

Parts are tough to come by for this series -- I might have a new spool or two -- but that is about it...

About the only thing to ever go wrong with those -- if serviced regularly -- might be the bearing (which can be sourced easily enough) -- drag washer, or a busted bail arm because it is made of an alloy.

Clean it completely -- grease & oil -- adjust, and it is ready for another few decades of angling

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mo65

Fred, you are most definitely the Dam Quick guru!!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

sharkman

oc1

Is that a microfilm gizmo Fred?
-steve

foakes

That is a low vision magnifier, Steve --

Have a couple of these -- one in each shop.

Comes in handy for reading schematics, looking at small parts, etc..

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.