Poors man DIY Hand rod wrapper jig (from a wood box)

Started by steelfish, August 17, 2016, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

so, I was about to get back to work on a rod but my cat had another idea for me, he tought it was too cold for work and he wanted to take a nap.

Im against to any kind of animal abuse so, I let him take a nap and I went to the TV room to watch a movie.
a rod can wait but nap time is sacred.
The Baja Guy

oldmanjoe

I`ll throw it out there for a cheap home made wrapper .   Stores in closet when not in use.
 Plywood wheels , o rings and brass tube for bushings for the stands .
 Garage door opener rail for the beam ,  3 foot to 10 foot ,just add sections .
Motor head `s  can be parts from a bread maker , a drill motor or anything else you find .
 Micro waves for the dryer motors.
   And yet i still do 99% of my wrapping in my lap..
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Rivverrat

Joe, thats a very nice wrapper you've made. Dont know how I missed your posting this.

The best thing about it is that it works well for you... Jeff

steelfish

wow, I also missed that post of Joe,

beautiful craftmanship on that wrapper/drier amigo.
The Baja Guy

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Donnyboat

Nice engineering Joe, Alex you do some great wrapping, put my work to shame, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

gstours

I agree with you Alex, I am partial to feline sleeping. In fact I like sleeping myself, butt here's my kitty 🐱.

Donnyboat

Doing a little rapping a day or two back, and I find that the tensioner is lifting the rod out of the V, So I am starting to think, if the tensioner was pointing down, then it would help to force the rod into the V, know matter what your using to tension it with, just a thought to think about, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat