5600 C4 MAG reasembly

Started by cbiegel, March 22, 2011, 01:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbiegel

I just got a lightly used 5600 C4 MAG for a great price but I have never had one before. I have taken it apart to remove the heavy grease (much smoother now), put in CF drag, etc, but ran into a problem with reassembly.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to put the last two pieces of the Mag back together. I've still haven't put in the the main black plastic part with the magnets (23501) and a small metal flat spring like piece (23506). I can see them in the schematic but that's not helping me since they don't seem to fit the way they are pictured.

Any ideas?

Nessie Hunter

That is the Magnetic brake assembly 23501 ..  
It fits flat onto left side of spool and magnets slow the revolutions for overrun..  

The part 23506 should be the adjustment knob for mag braking and stick out of side plate.  A cam like area should adjust the distance from spool as you turn the knob....  
23506 should insert into 23501 and adjust its distance from spool.

Sorry not real familiar with the C4 MAG's.....

I know this doesnt even make much sense to me... ?????

Any one here a better tech writer??

Schematic PDF.
http://www.abugarcia.com/sites/default/files/schematics/5600C4MAG%20%200901.pdf
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

cbiegel

Yeah, I can tell that part 23506 should be interacting with the mag assembly and the sliding adjuster on the side plate but exactly how they fit together is the mystery. I can also see how the assembly interacts with the spool but not which post on the frame it's supposed to fit over. It all just sort of fell out when I opened the side plate. Does anyone have any experience with these?

flip

Does this help you cbiegel ?

cbiegel

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Thanks so much, I had the assembly on the wrong post and was trying to put the spring tab in the completely wrong place. I knew there had to be a simple explanation.

Thanks again!

alantani

dave, thank you very much!!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

cbiegel

Worked like a charm. Thanks again!