Penn Jigmaster Bridge Alignment

Started by MartyBell, August 23, 2016, 04:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyBell

Greetings to all from "Big Sky Country".
Although I have referenced this fabulous site for some years now, this is my first post.
I would like to know if there is a fix for broken bridge alignment tabs on a Jigmaster head plate?
Thanks,   Marty

RowdyW

The 4 bridge screws should do fine keeping it in alighnment. Just snug them up in a crisscross pattern       Rudy

sdlehr

Quote from: MartyBell on August 23, 2016, 04:25:20 PM
Greetings to all from "Big Sky Country".
Although I have referenced this fabulous site for some years now, this is my first post.
I would like to know if there is a fix for broken bridge alignment tabs on a Jigmaster head plate?
Thanks,   Marty
Marty, are you meaning the little tab in the side plate that engages the frame in the take-apart Jigmaster, or do we have to have the reel apart to see what you are are meaning? Sorry, "bridge alignment tabs" doesn't compute with me right now, because the holes in the bridge align with the holes in the side plate. I'm thinking you are referring to the whole side plate assembly...???

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Bill B

Marty, are you referencing the "take apart" screw?  If so, I recently broke the plate surrounding the "take apart" screw and epoxied it back together.  My plate broke in a way that the screw still prevents the head plate from unscrewing...If you can post some photos we can better assess the issues....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

MartyBell

Rudy has it. Holes on either side of the bridge corresponding to the side plate's molded circular posts.

Bill B

Cool beans....glad our Master Mechanics could help.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

swill88

Welcome Marty...did I buy that beautiful surfmaster from you?

Steve

MartyBell

Hey thanks for the compliment!  Could be... I only sell beautiful reels!  Haha!