Backing Off on Reel Repair for a Little While

Started by foakes, August 26, 2016, 06:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Due to some family and looming property responsibilities -- I am forced to lay off taking on any more reel repair for possibly 2 to 3 months. 

Hopefully, not any longer than that.

All of the repairs, service, and parts requests already accepted and committed to will be completed as soon as possible -- just will not accept any new jobs, for awhile.

Just need to clear the bench of any overdue jobs -- a few of you know about these issues -- but now is the time to get some other life responsibilities completed

Plus, if any established or repeat clients need something -- just let me know -- and I should be able to help out.

For the work and responsibilities that are occuring -- the reel work and helping when possible are good relaxers for me.

Currently, we have approximately 90 large trees down -- that must be cut, split, and stacked into cords for firewood -- for friends and neighbors.  Possibly 100-150 cords.

This is a unprecedented potential fire issue throughout the Sierra Nevada Mountains, due to the 5 year drought, and the pine beetle infestation.

The property needs to be cleaned up and put in shape before first snow -- then we start the burning of slash piles...after snow is on the ground.

Plus, on top of that -- my younger brother just got a diagnoses that has entered stage 4. 

He is in Hospice currently.

This has required numerous trips of 12 to 24 hours over to the Coast -- over the last month -- and it appears there will be more trips to help his wife and 4 boys -- with all of the transition and turmoil involved.

All of your understanding as well as your patience -- is greatly appreciated.

Of course, I will still be involved in the website -- it is the best remedy for all that is going on.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

Fred, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.  Will keep him and all of your family in my prayers.

If we can help from close or afar, please know that your AT ohana is here for you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ReelFishingProblems

My family's thoughts go out to you and your family.

mizmo67

Sorry to hear about your brother, Fred.
*hugs* and prayers to all of you.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Shark Hunter

Whatever you need Fred.
You are a good man. I will pray for you and your family.
Don't work too hard.
Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

Fred, I'm so sorry to hear this. If I were your side of the pond I would help where I could, so sorry my friend :(

STRIPER LOU

Fred, truly sorry to hear about you brother. Keep the faith!
Regards,  ..  Lou

Cortez_Conversions

Sorry Fred. Let me know if you need an extra hand on weekends.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

swill88

All the best to you and your family.

Take care.

If you could use any help hauling the wood, just ask.

Steve

alantani

fred, where on the coast?  do you need a place to stay when you visit?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

handi2

So sorry to hear about your brother. Mine passed just a couple of years ago. I feel for you.

Did you get my package yet?

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

sdlehr

Fred, I'm very sorry to hear about your brother. We don't know how much time we get here on this planet, and sometimes it doesn't seem fair that one of us lives when another, who seemingly led a better life and helped more people, does not. Those are questions that will likely never be answered, because much of life is random, no matter how meticulously we try to plan our lives to the most minute detail, in the end, most is left to chance.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I know my way around the Penn conventionals and SS spinners like I know the back of my hand. If you want to send some out to me I'd be happy to help out and help keep reels running through your shop while you are attending to more important issues. I guess it depends on how confident you are that you will be able to recoup all your business when this has passed.

I'd hate to see you lose customers because you had more important life issues to take care of for a few months. Let me know what I can do to help.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Penn Chronology

Sometimes we all have to step back and do other things. You are in everyone's thoughts. All the best to you and yours. Anything I can do here on the Atlantic coast, do not hesitate to ask.

Alto Mare

Sorry to hear this Fred. All the best to you and your family.
Anything I could do, just let me know. If you could use a hand with servicing some reels just send them my way.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.