Backing Off on Reel Repair for a Little While

Started by foakes, August 26, 2016, 06:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Fred,

Sorry to hear of your troubles.  Take them one day at a time.  Best of luck with everything. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

sdlehr

Fred, I was serious about my offer, if I can help and you can put me up for awhile (or ship me reels) I could help you keep the ship afloat while you are attending to more pressing matters. I can fix reels, I can't substitute for you interacting with your brother. I might be able to keep Sue happy while you are away, but we'll gloss over that ::)

Please let me know if i can help. Kidding about Sue, I have no interest, I just want to help you.

Let me know what I may do. A trip to CA for a month could be just what I need for rejuventation. Or are you in Tahoe? Same difference.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Newell Nut

Sorry to see this news Fred. You are doing a wise thing to manage your stress. Family first and the rest of us can wait.

Shark Hunter

You can count me in for some reel repairs too.
Life is Good!

conchydong

Prayers to your brother and all of your family during these trying times.

David Hall

Sorry to hear about your brother, I know the struggle only to well.  Prayers to your family.

Dominick

Fred hang in there and do what you must.  Don't worry about my stuff until you return to your work bench.  I can wait months for the parts.  I am willing to help if you can just point me in the right direction.  I will pray for your brother.  I hope he is resting easy.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

If you need anything let us know. If you can put me up I could come up and help you split wood. I have a reasonably strong back and can assume a weak mind.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Zimbass

Prayers from those of the AT family around the world Fred. You are a unique person, and know your brother must be too.

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Jerseymic

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family Fred.

Mike.

completeabandony2k

nelz

Fred, so sorry to hear about your brother. On the other hand I often think how blessed you are to be living up in the mountains, wish I could do the same. As for things being random, who can really say? I believe one day we will be able to ask our creator how things work, and know what this life was all about. You are in my prayers.

broadway

You're doing the right thing... family first.  We're all here for ya, Fred.
Let me know if I can do my part.
All the best to you and the family and our best wishes are with you all,
Dom

theswimmer

Sorry about your brother Fred.
Lost my brother Scott in 1995 and it seems like just yesterday.

I am right across the street if you need anything.
I'll add your brother to my prayer list.
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn