WillFish Frame for TLD 50II LRSA

Started by ohfishalee, March 22, 2011, 04:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Then the upgrade would be Awesome. Thanks for the info.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ukfishman

conchydong

UK, The Willfish frame is great but it does add a lot of weight to the reel. I use mine mostly for high speed trolling and fighting out of the rod holder. It is a very solid frame though. Hope you have luck finding one.
10 or 12 years ago when only Internationals and Tiagras were the common heavy duty reels used in long range fishing, the conversion kits were a great idea. Then Avet, Accurate and eventually Penn and Okuma came out with topless frame heavy duty reels and put a damper in the conversions of TLDs. I really like mine but I got a great deal on my frame. If I had not, I would have sold the TLD and applied that money to a more modern reel that already has the required features built in.

Bobsled 55

I realize this is an older thread, but, news has it there is a new owner and frame production has started up again.

Jim Fujitani

The new owner of Willfish tackle lives in Sacramento and is listing on BD.  He is currently offering frames for 2-speed TLD20 and TLD30 reels, in four different colors.  The offer of TLD50 reel frame upgrades has not been discussed yet.  The shop itself, on Masters Court in Auburn, continues to be open for business.