Ohio River Catfishing Video

Started by mo65, September 03, 2016, 10:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

This video is one of my favorites...fishing with our good friend Dale Broughton from Cincinnati, Ohio. Dale knows the river better than anyone I know. His boat rocks too...my favorite river boat. This was filmed on a weekend that everyone else said the bite was shut down! 8)

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dominick

Thanks Mo.  That is one professional video.  Good Job.  Doiminick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

STRIPER LOU

Them are some fat cats Mo! Great video.
................Lou

Shark Hunter

Maybe I should be fishing the river for Bull sharks. ;D
I live 10 minutes away. Great Video Mo.
Life is Good!

mo65

oc1

I really enjoyed that Mo.  How is that GoPro attached to your chest for the close-up reel shots?
-steve

Rivverrat

Thanks for sharing that. Custom Weld  boats no doubt very nice. what rods were you all using? ....Jeff

mo65

Quote from: oc1 on September 04, 2016, 08:09:05 PM
I really enjoyed that Mo.  How is that GoPro attached to your chest for the close-up reel shots?
-steve

I use their chest mount harness Steve.

mo65

Quote from: Rivverrat on September 04, 2016, 10:16:15 PM
Thanks for sharing that. Custom Weld  boats no doubt very nice. what rods were you all using? ....Jeff

Ya know Jeff...I'm not sure what rods Dale uses. If you look close, you'll see they are wrapped from butt to tip with electrical tape! I asked him a few years ago why he did this, and he said because the shad scales(from the bait) won't stick to the tape! :-\

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

HOLEINTHEWATER

hurt locker

Great video and Sweet Fish. Congrats Mo

steelfish

nice video Mo and much better fishes

now you have to show us how did you prepared for dinner those big blues

The Baja Guy

USN_ED

I just ran across this video Mo.  Really great.  Brings back a lot of memories of catfishing when I lived back east in Virginia and North Carolina.

It appears that all the reels used were Abu Garcia Ambassadeurs - probably the most popular catfishing reel in that area. 

I'm going to go catfishing with that little Mag10 Penn I put the big handle on in the next few days.  It seems to be a bit off balance with that handle but I'll let you know how it does.

Again, great video.  What lb test were you using?  Was it filled with straight mono or was it backed with braid?
ED

mo65

Quote from: USN_ED on October 11, 2016, 03:36:31 PM
It appears that all the reels used were Abu Garcia Ambassadeurs - probably the most popular catfishing reel in that area. I'm going to go catfishing with that little Mag10 Penn I put the big handle on in the next few days.  It seems to be a bit off balance with that handle but I'll let you know how it does. What lb test were you using?  Was it filled with straight mono or was it backed with braid?

Glad you enjoyed the video Ed. Yes...on Dale's boat it's all Abu Garcias. I prefer Penns but I understand his preference...those Ambassadeurs are easy for his customers to use. He uses straight mono just like I do...30 lb. test. On the little Mag 10 I like 20lb., but have used 30lb. successfully. 8)