Seeker SS1X3

Started by Jon Vadney, September 14, 2016, 10:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

SS 1X3 with a coldshrink foregrip, new purple Alps seat, Fuji HBNG's, spiral wrapped.

cbar45

Awesome thread-work and colors, didn't know they made marbling pigment to match (chartreuse).

Jon Vadney

Quote from: cbar45 on September 14, 2016, 10:10:35 PM
Awesome thread-work and colors, didn't know they made marbling pigment to match (chartreuse).

Thanks man :) 
They don't make a chartreuse powder pigment as far as I know, I make my own. 

SoCalAngler

I don't mean to be harsh but do you really put your name on on the rods you build for other people? I have seen it a few times here and was just wondering?

All the custom builds, per my specs never have the builders name on them. I was just wondering if that is normal in how you build rods.

Maybe all the rods I have seen with your mane on them are built for you to fish and I can understand that you want to get your name out there as a good builder.

Ron Jones

Every artist signs his work.
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Swami805

I put a serial # the year and my initials but with a 000 rapidiograph pen so it's very small and hard to see. I put it under the blank #, line rating and clients name. I wish I could figure out how to print labels, those are pretty slick. Just one of those things I'm saving up to learn in the next lifetime.
Alot of shops and builders will put a name or logo to identify them and some don't.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Jon Vadney

Quote from: SoCalAngler on September 25, 2016, 03:15:16 AM
I don't mean to be harsh but do you really put your name on on the rods you build for other people? I have seen it a few times here and was just wondering?

All the custom builds, per my specs never have the builders name on them. I was just wondering if that is normal in how you build rods.

Maybe all the rods I have seen with your mane on them are built for you to fish and I can understand that you want to get your name out there as a good builder.

My name only goes on my rods. I'll fish em for a while and then sell em. The only time I put my name on a client's rods is when they request it

SantaBarbarian

Nice work Jon! Do you apply the cold shrink over your hypalon or use 2 short pieces on both ends?

Gary

Jon Vadney

Thanks Gary.  I use a 2" piece of hypalon, 3 layers of cork tape, apply the cold shrink, cut it and the cork tape perfectly square and then I slide down another 2" piece of hypalon

Mac53

"My name only goes on my rods. I'll fish em for a while and then sell em. The only time I put my name on a client's rods is when they request it"

I can vouch for this.  John made two rods for me last year and the only name on them is mine.  The conversation of his name anywhere on my rods never came up!