Virg's Monday 9/19 special pricing on 3/4 day trip...$36!

Started by pjstevko, September 15, 2016, 03:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

booked!  steve and wai, you have the address for the cayucos house sent to you via pm.  if you are going to arrive early and need a key, let me know.  tim, no problem with everyone staying.  we have room for 8.  we can also stay until tuesday morning if you want to rest on monday evening.  

everyone, please bring sleeping bags, your own pillow and your own bath towels.  also, we still have room at the house for two more!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on September 15, 2016, 09:16:47 PM
booked!  steve and wai, you have the address for the cayucos house sent to you via pm.  if you are going to arrive early and need a key, let me know.  tim, no problem with everyone staying.  we have room for 8.  we can also stay until tuesday morning if you want to rest on monday evening.  

everyone, please bring sleeping bags, your own pillow and your own bath towels.  also, we still have room at the house for two more!

I'm in and the kids wont be joining this time, so I can stay till Tuesday. Might be a while before I can do this again as I have 3 job interviews lined up  ;D ;D ;D

BT

thorhammer

Crap I don't think the wife will sign off just yet since I technically haven't gotten home from the last one. Tight lines boys!!

alantani

ok, i'm catching a ride down with ed from home to fresno, then a ride from tim from fresno to cauycos, then a ride from steve from cayucos to home.  i'm turning into the ultimate fishing bum!  i guess i ought to ask my wife if this is ok.   ;D

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on September 15, 2016, 09:58:50 PM
ok, i'm catching a ride down with ed from home to fresno, then a ride from tim from fresno to cauycos, then a ride from steve from cayucos to home.  i'm turning into the ultimate fishing bum!  i guess i ought to ask my wife if this is ok.   ;D

You got the house dude. BUM away  ;D

BT  

alantani

theswimmer

Big Tim,
Golden Bowl market on Olive at First had 5 lb boxes of squid for $ 4.59 as of today......
Have fun guys , I would go but I have to be in Ventura again for 3 days starting Monday😉
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

Quote from: theswimmer on September 16, 2016, 01:11:18 AM
Big Tim,
Golden Bowl market on Olive at First had 5 lb boxes of squid for $ 4.59 as of today......
Have fun guys , I would go but I have to be in Ventura again for 3 days starting Monday😉
Best,
JT

Thanks for the intel JT, but I don't need whole squid to fish with. Alan on the other hand  ;D They do have 1lb. boxes for an inflated price at Virg's. Jonathan they're doing real good on Yellowtail out of the Channel Islands. Since your there ?

BT

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

Big Baits catch Big Fish, right? So I got to much time on my hands and a broken 11" green mack Zukers trolling lure, an old monti hoochie lure and time on my hands  ::) Alan I'm having trouble  with getting the knots closer. I got about 1" of travel and would like this tighter. Could you bring some #50 or #60 mono and maybe we could tighten this rig up a bit over a few drinks this weekend  ;D

BT

MY NEW LING COD KILLER

OK let's start with the broken lure and the Monti. I reversed the skirt on the Zuker's and attached with rubber bands to make a parachute lure.

Tie on the hoochie with a couple of beads

Add a couple more beads and a 6oz. torpedo weight. The lure is 8" long and total weight is 11oz. Needs a bit of tightening and some squid strips  ;D Not whole squid Alan  ;D

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on September 16, 2016, 04:40:40 AM
Hey Tim, if I was a ling I would eat that.  :D Dominick

An Italian ling in a Speedo... now there's a mental image!  :o  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Porthos

Hey Aiala,

If I can drive up from San Diego for this, you should be able to drive in from the desert to join, yes?  ;)

Wai

Porthos