Virg's Monday 9/19 special pricing on 3/4 day trip...$36!

Started by pjstevko, September 15, 2016, 03:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Hello???  Hello??   ANYBODY Home???

Think McFly...  Think!
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

pjstevko

Quote from: David Hall on September 20, 2016, 02:54:35 PM
Where the heck is the eating popcorn and rolling eyes emoji?
Quote from: El Pescador on September 20, 2016, 03:03:04 PM
Hello???  Hello??   ANYBODY Home???

Think McFly...  Think!
Quote from: El Pescador on September 20, 2016, 02:42:41 PM
HOLA!!!

Anyone out there??

Big T, how was your day on the water???

Fishing report or reports????

Bueller...    Bueller????

Wayne

Well  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Us working folk wanna know what we missed out on.....or maybe we don't  ::)

Porthos

We all hit limits...by our own doing or by the overflow from other sacks.

Alan has the photos. He and Steve managed lings. Tim and I struck out in that dept.

When I left Cayucos to drive back down to San Diego, those three had a nearly full bottle of Bulleit and at least a six-pac to be imbibed...and that's all I know.

Tim made a mean "Okie Poke" and seared BFT...thanks Tim!

The Tani Family's Cayucos vacation home is very convenient and minutes to the landing. Thanks for letting us crash there, Alan!!!

Steve, young grasshopper, you must learn patience by snatching pebble from hand, ignoring the "bleach-and-piss" on your fish thing, and getting the line on that Pro Gear re-spooled properly. Despair not that your "Fred Hall," skinny twig of a rod has yet to get the skunk off...perseverance will pay off.   :D

David Hall

Sounds like more good times were had by all, and then some.

swill88

Here's some early pics... none with the fish we caught; guess it didn't happen

Tim putting some bft in the poke sauce... It was absolutely delicious with Alan's special rice and ponzu citrus sauce.

There was also yellowtail poke from Tim and smoked salmon from moi; but without pics it really didn't happen.

Here's a part of the display case of Randy Pauly's gear for sale at Jerry's Fishing in Morro Bay

Celebrating the foggy sunset at Cayucos Beach.

We had great fun...

As you can see, Tim & I are pouring bourbon at a 2:1 ratio to Alan because he thinks we are heavier than he is. ;D

Steve

Big Tim

Quote from: David Hall on September 20, 2016, 05:41:26 PM
Sounds like more good times were had by all, and then some.

Bullet Bourbon  ;D Need I say More  ;D

BT

swill88

Quote from: Porthos on September 20, 2016, 03:52:26 PM
Steve, young grasshopper, you must learn patience by snatching pebble from hand, ignoring the "bleach-and-piss" on your fish thing, and getting the line on that Pro Gear re-spooled properly. Despair not that your "Fred Hall," skinny twig of a rod has yet to get the skunk off...perseverance will pay off.   :D

Thank you Sensei Porthos-san.

Was my pleasure fishing next to you Wai...

Steve

Big Tim

Celebrating the foggy sunset at Cayucos Beach.

We had great fun...

As you can see, Tim & I are pouring bourbon at a 2:1 ratio to Alan because he thinks we are heavier than he is. ;D

Steve

[/quote]

Comfortably Numb  ;D

alantani

i got to be a true fishing bum this weekend!  ed gave me a ride from saratoga to sanger, tim gave me a ride from clovis to cayucos, and steve gave me a ride from cayucos back to saratoga! 

so, saturday morning ed drove me to sanger and we worked all day clearing out the brush from all the almonds that he was going to sweep up on monday.  man, talk about a workout.  i'm still sore from all of that.  i crashed out at 9pm, woke up and 6am and we all headed out to breakfast.  tim met us at the local perko's and then we headed to cayucos.   we are on the road by maybe 7:30am and arrived to cauycos mostly in time for the 49er's game.  missed the kickoff, but had plenty of time to watch the niner's get creamed.  then we watched the raider's game and they weren't much better. 

steve arrived a few hour later and we all started going through gear. 

this is just a rockcod trip, right? 

one dead soldier.

wai arrived at 9pm and i was out soon after.  we were all awake by 5am and headed to virg's. they actually have a nice selection of gear!

we had to drive a few blocks from the office to the boat, parked and lined up. 

fishing was really slow.  i got a few small rockfish, and lost a half dozen hitch hiker lings, then finally managed to stick this one. 

the ride back was pretty flat.  there was plenty of fish to go around,mostly small, but this was their monday "cheapskate's" special, so there were 35 guys on the boat.  it was tough fishing. 

after we got off the boat, we headed back up to the shop and also stopped to check out jerry's marine.  this is where randy pauly has alot of his reels. 

once back to the house, we cleaned up out gear. 

we had a chunk of bluefin left, so tim seared it and fed wai before he had to hit the road. 

tim made pasta for us. 

oh, yeah, and we had a little to drink!

tim made an alfredo with shrimp and sausages.

the final product!

not to be outdone, i took care of breakfast.  the cinnamon buns at the local bakery are actually pretty good!

steve dropped me off at noon, had five guys swing by in as many hours, and i'm finally done for the evening!  great trip, great company, and yeah, my one drink for every two for them actually works pretty well! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on September 21, 2016, 01:12:21 AM
i got to be a true fishing bum this weekend!  ed gave me a ride from saratoga to sanger, tim gave me a ride from clovis to cayucos, and steve gave me a ride from cayucos back to saratoga! 

so, saturday morning ed drove me to sanger and we worked all day clearing out the brush from all the almonds that he was going to sweep up on monday.  man, talk about a workout.  i'm still sore from all of that.  i crashed out at 9pm, woke up and 6am and we all headed out to breakfast.  tim met us at the local perko's and then we headed to cayucos.   we are on the road by maybe 7:30am and arrived to cauycos mostly in time for the 49er's game.  missed the kickoff, but had plenty of time to watch the niner's get creamed.  then we watched the raider's game and they weren't much better. 

steve arrived a few hour later and we all started going through gear. 

this is just a rockcod trip, right? 

one dead soldier.

wai arrived at 9pm and i was out soon after.  we were all awake by 5am and headed to virg's. they actually have a nice selection of gear!

we had to drive a few blocks from the office to the boat, parked and lined up. 

fishing was really slow.  i got a few small rockfish, and lost a half dozen hitch hiker lings, then finally managed to stick this one. 

the ride back was pretty flat.  there was plenty of fish to go around,mostly small, but this was their monday "cheapskate's" special, so there were 35 guys on the boat.  it was tough fishing. 

after we got off the boat, we headed back up to the shop and also stopped to check out jerry's marine.  this is where randy pauly has alot of his reels. 

once back to the house, we cleaned up out gear. 

we had a chunk of bluefin left, so tim seared it and fed wai before he had to hit the road. 

tim made pasta for us. 

oh, yeah, and we had a little to drink!

tim made an alfredo with shrimp and sausages.

the final product!

not to be outdone, i took care of breakfast.  the cinnamon buns at the local bakery are actually pretty good!

steve dropped me off at noon, had five guys swing by in as many hours, and i'm finally done for the evening!  great trip, great company, and yeah, my one drink for every two for them actually works pretty well! 

Thank Alan...Keeping with the 12 year old rule. All I can say fishing with this wrecking crew is not for the faint of heart  ;D
BT

David Hall

Looks like more great times I missed out on, I gotta get the Long Hall up and running soon or I'm going to have a melt down.

Big Tim

I must say this. Alan is no BUM. Fishing or otherwise. It was a struggle to keep him from paying for everything. His generosity is unmatched, his mom and dad met me today with smiles and hugs, coffee and cookies just because I brought them a few fillets. I sat with Mrs. Tani for several minutes before she let me give her fish and when Mr. Tani arrived he blocked my car with a small farm vehicle and trailer until I assured him we had a great time and several beers  ;D A truly great family...Thank you.

BT 

thorhammer

Tim posted while I was writing this; and to build on that...I hate I missed this trip because it looks like a blast, but as much because I might have had a chance at actually prepping a meal for the crowd and letting Alan chill for a minute and get some of his generosity paid back.

Great write up gents, thanks for taking us along. I for one wish I was up in there with the whole thing.

Steve, I don't know what exactly was your Fred Hall special; but I'm still thanking you for the lend on the Surfmaster for my first salmon (should've been first three, my choke).

Would've loved to have met Wai and Tim. Next time boys!!!! I do like that brown water ya'llz had in that highball glass.....

John

Porthos

The Olive rockfish is one I have never caught in SoCal so tonight I cooked the one I caught from Morro Bay.

The prep:

...ready for steaming:

...in the wok for steaming:

...and the finished product:

Big Tim

Quote from: Porthos on September 21, 2016, 03:25:17 AM
The Olive rockfish is one I have never caught in SoCal so tonight I cooked the one I caught from Morro Bay.

The prep:

...ready for steaming:

...in the wok for steaming:

...and the finished product:

Stunning Wai  ;D
BT