UNBELIEVABLE POOR AND LESS THAN ACCEPTABLE.

Started by valkie, October 06, 2016, 12:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

It was really just a Shake Down cruise to test the wiring work, not a serious fishing trip.
That at least, would be my excuse for the lackluster catch report. 

Next trip will have some fish or a another good excuse.  ;)
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

valkie

Quote from: nelz on October 10, 2016, 12:27:51 AM
.  ;D

I like the excuse for not catching fish though, must remember that.

We will be heading off shore on the weekend, hopefully to catch some real fish.

Cheers guys
life's pretty dull without fishing

erikpowell

Bula valkie,

The Stabis are bad-#### little boats.
I've visited Auckland area a few times and was amazed at the kiwis beach launching those babies at Muriwai Beach in head high surf.
Equally impressive are the landings....to a trailer! ;)

Glad you got your wiring sorted. I'm sure you feel more secure at sea knowing you did all the work yourself and you know it's right.
Heavy salt air corrosion and poundings at sea are the norm for islanders.
There isn't a single dealer, boat or motor, worth their salt here in Fiji.
And a warranty over here??  LOL  ;D ;D

Tight lines mate, cheers.

valkie

Thanks Erik

Love me Stabi, and we get some nasty seas over here is Aus too.

It can be nice and calm one min and washing machine rough in no time.

I volunteer at Marine Rescue over here and the boats that people take to sea are unbelievable.
We have rescued bass boats in 3 meter seas......stupid.

But I always feel safe in the Stabi and make sure I'm not caught out.

That is why I want to be sure the electrics are good, don't want to have to call the rescue

valkie

Took a couple of pics of the offending joint.
It was wrapped in normal electrical tape that had come loose as it aged, not sealing tape or liquid tape, just standard electrical tape.

Real quality work.

I wonder why the GPS stopped working?

Donnyboat

Hi Valkie, I believe you have the right, to name this agent that competed the work on your boat, so badly, also complain to mercury, Australia & America, hate to see anyother fisho dealing with this incompitant dealer. cheers donnyboat.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

also valkie you have the option of reporting this poor standard of work to worksafe, they will look into his quality control program, I recently found fuel in the bildge of our boat after a sercice, I questioned the technition about it, his boss had a go at me for questioning him, so I told his boss if he is not happy with me, to talk to work safe about it, he soon changed his mind ay. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

troutman561

Far too many dealers do garbage work. I've been keeping my cousins bay boat for him for a bit now. I'm constantly chasing problems with anything the dealer he got it from installed. Unfortunately the wiring is a mess and the connections they used are not marine connectors, nor did they use marine wire. I've never had so many electrical issues on a couple year old boat. Good to hear your problem was worked out. I'm taking this boat back to the factory to let them sort their dealers mess out.