***UPDATE*** NOV.6 FISHING TRIP ***PLEASE READ***PHENIX CHARTER***

Started by Big Tim, October 24, 2016, 05:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

I will bring ogo seaweed and Red Sea Salt, no problem, Alison is at the store right now.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Big Tim

Quote from: noyb72 on November 02, 2016, 12:44:44 AM
I will bring ogo seaweed and Red Sea Salt, no problem, Alison is at the store right now.
Ron

Text her to get extra salt for Jonathan...Thank you for this last minute service  ;D

Thanks Bro.

Tim

pjstevko

To celebrate this great trip I'm bringing along a couple give-a-ways....

I'm gonna give away a flat fall jig to the person whos name i pull out a hat on the way to the fishing grounds....

I'm also gonna bring along enough brand new fish towels with belt clips (actually they are golf towels but does that matter :) ) for all 16 of us to use and keep so no needs to get their delicate hands dirty  ;D ;D ;D

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

pjstevko

What time is everyone arriving in the area????

I'm hoping to be in the area by early afternoon to pick up some supplies/jigs/gear at Jerry's and then head to the Cayucos pier to get some casting pratice in so i don't spend the whole next day picking out birds nests from my 501....

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

cancelled my channel islands trip because what was i thinking...Sensei is there a freezer in the house?   ;D :D ;) :)

will leave inland empire no later than 1700 hrs.. hopeing for less traffic that way it's only a 4-5 hr. drive. c u all sat...

Big Tim

PJ, people will be arriving today, tomorrow Saturday as well Sunday morning. Not sure if you are allowed to overhead cast on the Pier and not much room for that on the Phenix, but   I would definitely practice underhand flip cast.

Tim

pjstevko

Quote from: Big Tim on November 03, 2016, 05:39:26 PM
PJ, people will be arriving today, tomorrow Saturday as well Sunday morning. Not sure if you are allowed to overhead cast on the Pier and not much room for that on the Phenix, but   I would definitely practice underhand flip cast.

Tim

Thats my plan......practice the underhand flip ;D ;D

Big Tim

Quote from: pjstevko on November 03, 2016, 05:44:43 PM

Tim

I think I frightened Alan with my underhand flip last time  ;D but I can get out there.

Tim

pjstevko

Quote from: Big Tim on November 03, 2016, 06:03:53 PM
Quote from: pjstevko on November 03, 2016, 05:44:43 PM

Tim

I think I frightened Alan with my underhand flip last time  ;D but I can get out there.

Tim

Well if he was scared while watching you cast then i think he'll have a heart attach watching me try to flip a jig out there.....I should bring everyone helmets in case my flip out turns into a flip into the boat!!!!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: theswimmer on November 01, 2016, 10:11:58 PM
Ron ,
Jerrys Tackle has got it going on...
I was planning on going by in the afternoon on Sat anyway.
Plus Randy Pauly has a bunch of rods and reels on consignment there as well.
If between Big Tim , Alan and Myself we can't set you up there is a problem.
See Tims post as far as gear goes.
I'll be close to the same amount 😝

If anyone sees any rods or reels that they like at Jerry's, just tell JoAnne that you are with the Alan Tani group and she will give you a 10% discount.  They are open until 5:00 today and Friday and until noon on Saturday.  See you Sunday!

Thanks,

Randy