716Z

Started by Shark Hunter, November 03, 2016, 05:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Quote from: handyandy on December 09, 2016, 05:24:30 PM
I like these peens a lot too. Have a greenie 714 I went through not too long ago, and two 430ss. Need to get a spool shaft with the little roll pin for one of the 430ss though. It came in and was missing the roll pin. None of us are too far apart I'm two hours east of Cincinnati in Indiana. Don't know about you guys but I love catching some smallies with all my little spinners dam 110's and 220. Penn 722, 714, and 430.

Hi Andy --

Scott's is showing the spool shaft and pin you need for your 430SS in stock -- however "limited availability" -- but the price is dirt cheap at $4.45 plus shipping.  420 & 430 carry the same spool shaft number.

They should have it --  but if you get stuck -- I have (1) left -- would rather keep this one in stock for a client repair -- as long as you can obtain one from Mo at Scott's.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handyandy

Thanks Fred, I will probably buy it from scotts been trying to locate just a roll pin as that's all it needs the shaft itself seems fine. I haven't had any luck turning up a roll pin that's the right size at any local hardware stores and the like.

mo65

Four bucks is a great price for that part...better nab it quick...parts have a way of disappearing after these type of posts. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~