Penn 970/980 5+1 drag kits coming soon. Limited supply.

Started by Bryan Young, November 13, 2016, 02:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Hello.

I've been asked to put some 970/980 drag kits together. I decided to create a small batch for the awesome reels.

The price will be $27 / kit shipped in the USA.

I'll post when the kits are available.

Thank you,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

I want to mention that the 113H kit will do just fine in the 970 & 980's, just replace that carbon fiber washer for under the gear with a Delrin washer  ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 13, 2016, 02:43:10 AM
I want to mention that the 113H kit will do just fine in the 970 & 980's, just replace that carbon fiber washer for under the gear with a Delrin washer  ;).
Actually the 113H kit will not completely fit. It's only a 3-stack system versus a 5-stack system in the 113H.

Like most of my kits, it's not necessarily for everyone. Stock kits are great. If you want a little bit more drag, or smoother drag at higher settings. You will love this kit if you loved my other kits.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

You are correct, the 5-970 & 5-980 will only hold (5) washers from your kits, not (7) washers as the 113H kits.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

I received 2 kits from Bryan last week,put one in last night, fits perfect. Thanks for making those Bryan.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

LUCKYRIGR

Bryan Young

I created a few more kits. How many did you need?  I may be able to create more if needed.

Bryan Young

Kits are available at MysticParts.com.  I believe I have 2 left in my stock but those will also go to Penn Parts when I send another order.  I will make more kits for PennParts.  Please see them if you would like to purchase this drag kit.

Decker

Bryan, I just bought a 990...  what does it take to be worthy of one of your kits?   ;D  

P.S. Saw this post and wonder if I could do something similar. ::) http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2526.msg23866#msg23866

Bryan Young

Quote from: Decker on November 08, 2017, 07:03:58 PM
Bryan, I just bought a 990...  what does it take to be worthy of one of your kits?   ;D  

P.S. Saw this post and wonder if I could do something similar. ::) http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2526.msg23866#msg23866

Hi Joe,

I don't have a 990 to measure out the drag stack or if it's wanted. I can do it, no problem but I would need to measure, and design the stack.

Bryan