pro-gear 600CS

Started by lennybluez, April 01, 2011, 10:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lennybluez

A few years ago I purchased a Pro-Gear 600 CS, I live on the East Coast and have mainly used this reel for Jigging/Bait Fishing for Blues and Stippers.  I was looking to get some information/spec's on this reel as I can not seem to find much on this Model

Lenny

stiffblade

CS600-6 - 5:1 Ratio | Wt. 22oz | Capacity 275 yrds/25lb mono - $229.00 (price new back then)

You can also get a low 3:6 gear set for the CS600. Really, with such a narrow spool, for serious jig tossing you may need to pack it with all spectra and 2 ft. topshot of mono. If you haven't jig casted spectra, well it is gonna take some practice or you will get professional line over runs.

Were you looking for someother info? 

lennybluez

Thanks for bringing me up to speed, here on the east coast most of our inshore jigging is in fairly shallow waters, under 100 feet.  Its not like the type of off shore jigging we do when fishing for Tuna, etc. I was wondering if this reel is on the endangered speices list, as I don't think there are to many around, and as far as I know Pro Grear is no longer in business.  I do enjoy fishing with it, I'm 62, and have fished mainly conventional reels for the past 40 years, god I sound old.  Grew up with Jigmasters and Squidders, once again thanks for getting back to me

Lenny

Bryan Young

You can still get them directly from Randy, and parts are plentiful.  When he has time, will will put out a few reels, but yes, the CS600s are hard to come by.  I just got one from Randy about 3 months ago, and I have yet to use it. 

What do you want to know about the reel?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D