Penn 113HN/US113 Senator Bridge Assembly

Started by Cortez_Conversions, November 13, 2016, 06:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi_fish808

Incredible work Tom! Making concepts discussed here into reality.

Aloha,
Kyle

swill88

Got mine today Tom... SO NICE!

Is there any need to remove the gear sleeve for lubrication?

What do you recommend?

Steve

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: swill88 on November 18, 2016, 03:10:34 AM

Got mine today Tom... SO NICE!

Is there any need to remove the gear sleeve for lubrication?

What do you recommend?

Steve

Thanks Steve!
No need to remove the sleeve, I pre-lubed with Yamaha blue.
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

BonitaBch

Received my bridge assembly today ... what a great addition to a beautiful reel.
Bonita Beach, FL

Rivverrat

Quote from: jurelometer on November 15, 2016, 02:13:35 AM
...[/quote]  .My only complaint is that the pricing is wayyy too low. We all owe Tom a big thanks for making such a high quality upgrade available and so affordable. - J [/quote]

Yes I totally agree.
The level & quality of work done here along with the major improvement in performance to this reel while at the same time being offered at this price is in my mind nothing less than a favor.
Tom asked & I told him honestly what I thought regarding price.
I build & do work on guns for people who go into dark places. Their lives depend on my stuff working. I have a good idea of what quality machined metal parts should look like.

Tom's work here is a  Benchmark....Jeff

Rancanfish

Jeff,

I'm sure your opinion / expertise carries more weight, but as I've said in a few different threads this new bridge is as precise as anything I've ever seen.

Thanks for your input towards it's creation.

I now own a reel I can use confidently anywhere I might be lucky enough to fish
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

mo65

This bridge has me looking at the Baja in a whole new way... :o
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Rivverrat on January 15, 2017, 03:08:05 AM
Quote from: jurelometer on November 15, 2016, 02:13:35 AM
...  .My only complaint is that the pricing is wayyy too low. We all owe Tom a big thanks for making such a high quality upgrade available and so affordable. - J

Yes I totally agree.
The level & quality of work done here along with the major improvement in performance to this reel while at the same time being offered at this price is in my mind nothing less than a favor.
Tom asked & I told him honestly what I thought regarding price.
I build & do work on guns for people who go into dark places. Their lives depend on my stuff working. I have a good idea of what quality machined metal parts should look like.

Tom's work here is a  Benchmark....Jeff

[/quote]

Thanks for the kind works Jeff.

Pricing is a difficult thing....I've always said I'm not doing all this to get rich. Many have tried and failed.
I charge enough to cover costs and put a couple bucks in the Fishing Fund.

Regarding this particular Bridge design, IMHO Penn blew chunks and they doomed an entire product line. I think it's a shame that you drop over $300 on a reel that will blow up and need major repairs if you actually fish it to Penn's stated specs. You all know there are much stronger American made reels at this price point.
That's all I'm going to say about it. ;D
Tom
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Maxed Out

I haven't been reading this thread with any relevance until now. I just bought a 113us. Guess I'd better order up one of those bridges if I hope to pull in a big halibut.

Hopefully Penn engineers will find a solution and adapt it to all future HN & US reels....or just copy yours and call it good !! ;D ;D

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

It would be nice if Penn bought Tom's design for all the work he put into it...imho
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rivverrat

Quote from: mo65 on January 15, 2017, 06:46:25 PM
This bridge has me looking at the Baja in a whole new way... :o
Mo, I would encorage you to buy this bridge while tbey are available. If you dont like braid for what ever reason, this reel has the capacity for all the 60 - 80 lb. mono needed for fishing heavy cover for big cats with the drag performance to go with it. These reels also cast extremely well for their size.
Even if you might not have the funds for a Baja / US113 you still will want to have this bridge on hand in case a good deal on one shows up....Jeff

day0ne

Tom,
When do you think you will have some more of these bridges. I need 2. Thanks
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Rivverrat

Unless I missed something they are available on his sight....Jeff

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 16, 2017, 04:02:16 AM
It would be nice if Penn bought Tom's design for all the work he put into it...imho
X2

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Rivverrat on January 16, 2017, 07:46:37 PM
Unless I missed something they are available on his sight....Jeff

They are sold out at the moment, I'll be building them tonight.