Penn 113HN/US113 Senator Bridge Assembly

Started by Cortez_Conversions, November 13, 2016, 06:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

I have one stock bridge on really good shape on my 2nd Baja Special, posts are not bent at all (Im actually waiting for some funds to get one of your assemblies).

let me take it out from the reel and send you some pics, if you approve it after checking the pics, I will send it out your way N/C.
Im not using the spare Baja Special at all, I can easily keep it incomplete until getting one of your Bridge assemblies in few more weeks, for me once I have the Cortez Bridge assembly the stock Bridge will be useless.

give me 2-3 days for send you the pics
The Baja Guy

Rancanfish

I have one for you also.  I think I had actually sent a note with my previous purchase request, asking if you could use the old bridge.  That was quite awhile ago now.

I still need another Cortez Baja bridge too.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

handi2

I ordered 2 more for customers. They are catching on to this improvement.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

SoCalAngler

Tom, I have a brand new bridge to send you and I see you say USPS first class is fine but, will the bridge go into a envelope or does it need a box? I only ask because I went onto the USPS website and it states.

Non-Machineable Envelopes

Unusually shaped mail, like square or vertical envelopes, lumpy envelopes, rigid envelopes, and mail with clasps, string, buttons, must be hand-cancelled. They are charged a non-machineable surcharge even if they weigh less than 1 oz.

Larger Envelopes

If a mailpiece exceeds the maximum length or height or thickness, it will be charged at the next higher price or mailpiece category.

Large Envelopes (flats) that exceed maximum dimensions, are rigid, non-rectangular, or not uniformly thick are rigid, are charged parcel prices.

As you can see the wording is a little vague.

I will send it out to you but I don't want to package it first then find out there are additional charges and or repackaging needed. As you know the bridge has a fixed post supporting the sleeve which makes it a awkward shape for mailing. So, if you have received one already how was it packaged?

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: SoCalAngler on July 15, 2017, 05:48:28 AM
Tom, I have a brand new bridge to send you and I see you say USPS first class is fine but, will the bridge go into a envelope or does it need a box? I only ask because I went onto the USPS website and it states.

Non-Machineable Envelopes

Unusually shaped mail, like square or vertical envelopes, lumpy envelopes, rigid envelopes, and mail with clasps, string, buttons, must be hand-cancelled. They are charged a non-machineable surcharge even if they weigh less than 1 oz.

Larger Envelopes

Thank you!
A box will work, that's how I send most of my stuff.
Tom
If a mailpiece exceeds the maximum length or height or thickness, it will be charged at the next higher price or mailpiece category.

Large Envelopes (flats) that exceed maximum dimensions, are rigid, non-rectangular, or not uniformly thick are rigid, are charged parcel prices.

As you can see the wording is a little vague.

I will send it out to you but I don't want to package it first then find out there are additional charges and or repackaging needed. As you know the bridge has a fixed post supporting the sleeve which makes it a awkward shape for mailing. So, if you have received one already how was it packaged?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

scrinch

I'd like to get two of these bridge assemblies for my Baja Specials. I'd be happy to send you back the stock bridges when I swap them out. I've never fished them too hard. Is there a drag upgrade too, or are people using the stock drags?

coastal_dan

I'm using the stock drags, just greased with Cal's tan grease.  20+ lbs is plenty for this reel and the fisherman 😜
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: scrinch on July 15, 2017, 09:11:18 PM
I'd like to get two of these bridge assemblies for my Baja Specials. I'd be happy to send you back the stock bridges when I swap them out. I've never fished them too hard. Is there a drag upgrade too, or are people using the stock drags?

Actually,
If you want to send your bridges, I will inspect and rebuild them and knock $20 off the cost.

I am out of these bridge plates so any further production will be from recycled bridges I can buy.
Tom

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Rancanfish

Tom, this is all you need correct?  No springs, dogs or sleeve.

steelfish

Quote from: steelfish on July 12, 2017, 06:40:04 PM
I have one stock bridge on really good shape on my 2nd Baja Special, posts are not bent at all

Tom,

I left mine on the local parcel company today, it will be on the USPS office (USA) tomorrow or Monday at the most and then on your way, let me know when you get it.
The Baja Guy

Rancanfish

I decided to pull the original bridge off my second Baja for Tom instead of sending just the one.  So I grabbed both thinking I had to tear them down to figure out which one had already been done.

As soon as I pulled the handle caps it became obvious! I forgot Tom had made the sleeve longer, stronger and out of stainless.  Pretty sure which I have to tear apart now, lol.  See the pic.

Cortez_Conversions

Rancanfish

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on July 24, 2017, 08:01:02 PM
Quote from: Rancanfish on July 21, 2017, 05:18:44 PM
Tom, this is all you need correct?  No springs, dogs or sleeve.

Yep! ;D

You're so wordy.  :D  Two sent,  delivery tomorrow (Wed.),  with a note to bill me for one of the Cortez/Baja terminator fish killer bridge, with a warranty guaranteeing fish in the boat.  I'm easy.