What is the value of a mint abu 7000cl Big Game?

Started by Ronn, April 02, 2011, 04:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronn

I would like to know how much a mint one worth in the market.  I have a mint condition 7000CL Big Game reel that I may consider selling.  However, it is not a pure swedish made 7000CL.  It has everything identical to the original 7000CL except for the side plates where it is aluminum instead of brass in the original.  The reel is NIB, very shiny and never has line on it. It comes with box, oil, tool, manual and the box is blue in color. 

In this reel, the letter "C" is intersecting the letter "G"  in the word Big Game Collection.  The grease color is red, not brown.  This reel is probably made during the transition when the production moves from Sweden to Taiwan.  The star wheel is the old style and chrome. It is not the pointy star wheel like the newer model.  Internally it looks identical to the original 7500CT Big Game that I also have. 

I am thinking of selling it and want to know what it worth so I can set up price correctly. 

Thanks.

Ronn

akfish

Personally, I do't think the newer 7000s are nearly as good as the older,made in Sweden, models. But they are still nice reels, especially if you add carbon fiber drag washers. The best way to get a current price is to go to eBay and check the price of completed items. You'll fid what thy've sold for recently.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Ronn

This reel, side by side, compare to my 7500CT Big Game (original), the internals are the same. The only different is the side plates where the original is made out of heavy brass and the new one is aluminum.  I have to think about it if I want to sell.

Black Widow Tackle

Check out stripersonline.  Since it is not the Sweden one not as much as it was.

Irish Jigger

A friend of mine bought one NIB a few years ago for $100 which was then considered  expensive for a Chinese made reel. He had corrosion issues with this reel due to it's high aluminium content.