NEVER...

Started by Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B, November 27, 2016, 05:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

it would be nice if someone could track down dieter and let him know we're here!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

how would you know beforehand if the deckie is able and capable? ask in the middle of a hot bite?

tight lines!

Porthos

The benefit of fishing with braid and enhanced drags...overlap coverage. Any one setup can go UP or DOWN 10lbs in line rating by just swapping out the top shot and adjusting to the corresponding drag.

Hence just taking a lineup of 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 80 lb setups covers 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, and 100 lbs. Significantly reduces the need to open up a reel out at sea...and reduces your odds of becoming the next "Dieter" or having some deckie wreck your reel.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Porthos on December 27, 2016, 05:53:28 PM
swapping out the top shot and adjusting to the corresponding drag.
mine is better i just grab my other outfit and continue fishing. to prevent misunderstanding in the future the reel was never opened. and if my memory serves me well i think i'm one of the first to use this phrase "just in case", 2014 AT.com SOA...

tight lines!

fishmeluck

When a deckie has cleared your tangle, says "Here", and tries to hand you your rod, NEVER...say "Wait a sec."

Around Thanksgiving the guy fishing next to me said "Wait a sec." and watched as the deckie (anxious to get to work helping someone else, I'm sure) let go of the rod and his $400 rig went deep diving, including a brand new Penn Fathom LD 2 speed on its maiden voyage.  >:( words were spoken...
Give a man a fish and he will have fish for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

David Hall

Ouch that would hurt, I agree though those deckies are busy folks, if he says here you better be on it!

Swami805

A RULE on a boat with a deckie is to say got it, Usually gone over in the galley on the way out with all the passengers when they're going over the safety and trip plan. No excuse for that for the deckie or the fisherman. That's on both of them
Do what you can with that you have where you are

ez2cdave

I think THIS probably makes the NEVER list . . .

Tight Lines !

ez2cdave

Here is ANOTHER "Prime Candidate" for the NEVER List . . .

Tight Lines !

ez2cdave

And LAST, but certainly NOT least . . .

Tight Lines !

philaroman

I can beat that -- as far as incredibly stupid decisions, rather than accidents:
http://www.scubadivingphuket.net/scubadivingphuket/2010/03/17/moray-eel-attack-moray-bites-diver-and-eats-his-thumb/
short version:
idiot scuba diver HAND-FEEDS the aquatic version of a wolverine  ::)
what does the moron REPEATEDLY choose as a tasty treat?  SAUSAGES!  :o
what do sausages look like?  THUMBS!!!   :'(
makes one wonder if his were opposable to begin with

ez2cdave

Quote from: philaroman on December 28, 2017, 09:04:16 PMmakes one wonder if his were opposable to begin with

While their "opposable" status is questionable, they were, most certainly, "digestable" . . . LOL !

I know they're probably "protected" but, if it were me, "Scarface" would have been "sleeping with the fishes" !

Tight Lines !

Swami805

We were in Costa Rica for a few weeks. Miles of white sandy beaches so of course I'm fishing with a 9' graphite rod. Well there's lightning hitting not far from me and I'm thinking I'm the tallest thing around holding essentially a lighting rod in my hand. Time to hit the cabana for a cool one! Got lucky on that one but what does a guy from So Cal know about lightning? My wife ways viedoing it too,could have made this page.
Do what you can with that you have where you are