One Piece Frame JigMaster 500/501 is ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Black Pearl, December 07, 2016, 03:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Decker

Getting ahead of things, but couldn't help wondering what it would take to make these "magnums."  Powerful looking bad boys!

Black Pearl

The 113H SUPER NARROW one piece frame samples are being made right now. It will just look like this JigMaster without the mag control knob.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Decker on January 17, 2018, 03:13:32 PM
Getting ahead of things, but couldn't help wondering what it would take to make these "magnums."  Powerful looking bad boys!

We will make a sideplate to cater the "Magnums". I can't recall, if the magnum is using the 113H yoke and jack. Does the Jigmaster spool shaft fits in the 113H pinion gear?

Any info will be great....

thorhammer

I'm pretty certain magnum spool has its own spindle to engage larger pinion. this is what has always made them so rare as i understand it.

Black Pearl

Quote from: thorhammer on January 17, 2018, 03:34:02 PM
I'm pretty certain magnum spool has its own spindle to engage larger pinion. this is what has always made them so rare as i understand it.

No big deal. I can make Jigmaster spool with 113H spindle.

PacRat

The Magnum yoke is a bit of a hybrid. The overall profile is Jigmaster but the pinion cutout is 113H. I think Bryan had some of these for sale but if you make Magnums happen we will need more of these.
-Mike

jigmaster501

The magnum shaft is the thickness of a 113h and the bearings are bigger to accommodate the bigger shaft.

They came in 500 width, 99 width and I think the Extra wide width.

It would be really nice to have a Magnum 501 width. That would be a beast of a reel.

They take the 113H bridges, gears and pinions.

This is a legendary project.

Eugene

Alto Mare

Quote from: jigmaster501 on January 17, 2018, 06:52:31 PM
The magnum shaft is the thickness of a 113h and the bearings are bigger to accommodate the bigger shaft.

They came in 500 width, 99 width and I think the Extra wide width.

It would be really nice to have a Magnum 501 width. That would be a beast of a reel.

They take the 113H bridges, gears and pinions.

This is a legendary project.

Eugene
Eugene, I do not own a Magnum, could you double check on that bearing dimension? The 113H bearings are shared with the Jigmasters and a few others.

Thanks,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

PacRat

You're correct Sal. Magnums use the same bearings as 113H and 200-300 Series Newells (the only ones I own)....Accurate and Cortez Jigmasters too.
-Mike

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Quote from: PacRat on January 17, 2018, 07:30:34 PM
You're correct Sal. Magnums use the same bearings as 113H and 200-300 Series Newells (the only ones I own)....Accurate and Cortez Jigmasters too.
-Mike

Thank you Mike!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Carl L

Wow!! How do I get on a waiting list for one of these ?

Black Pearl

Quote from: Carl Larsen on January 17, 2018, 11:34:26 PM
Wow!! How do I get on a waiting list for one of these ?

The pre-order will start in approximately about 3 weeks. 

jigmaster501

My mistake Sal, for some reason, I was thinking of the Newell 500 3.2 series reels.

In any case, these will be legendary lifetime reels.