Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennwoodsman, jzumi, funhog, Squidder Bidder, rogan, MACflyer, PRSD, jzman, vilters, Maxed Out, 1badf350, sierraguy, kalenao, Jigtosser, Byron (+ 2 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

gstours

AC49

Welcome to you Nick ... Regards AC49

Alto Mare

Welcome nicgroza!

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

rfkca

Hi all,

I've been referring to this site for months for assistance with some of the reels that I have purchased and am rebuilding this winter. Most of my fishing is in SoCal/Mexican waters for the usual pelagics (yellow tail jacks, bluefin and yellow fin tuna, bonito and barracuda). I occasionally fish near shore for calico bass and halibut and sometimes in deeper water for rock cod. Until a few months ago, my tackle was primarily newer Penn and Shimano gear. However, I have had a long standing affection for USA made Penn reels that I fished decades ago on the east coast for stripers, bluefish and the occasional shark. So, while not fishing for the past few months, I purchased a few handfuls of some vintage Penn reels and have refurbed them following the tutorials on this site.

I must say thank you to Alan and the members who so generously share their expertise with us novices. It has saved countless hours of trial and error in putting these gems back together in the proper manner.

I appreciate all you do.

Rich

PS  I am a bit challenged when it comes to posting pictures as you can see.

Reel 224

Welcome Rich what ever you need is here.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Benni3

Welcome from salem va  ;D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Rich!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bhale1

welcome Rich!!!
Brett

David 13

Greetings from the UP of Michigan,

I have been lurking around on this site for several years now, finally decided to join. I've learned a lot over past couple years going through all the posts and tutorials. There is some great talent on this site and a wealth of information.

I like working on and using the classic all metal spinning reels from the 60's, 70's and early 80's. I'm also starting to get into the round bait casters from those times.

Hoping I can give back to this forum some more information and ideas from what I have all learned here.
Thanks for having me ,
David

P.S Bear with me this is the first forum I have ever joined

alantani

david, glad to have you here!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

gstours

Welcome.   Learn, share ,enjoy,  ;)

Benni3

Welcome from salem va  ;D

foakes

Welcome aboard, David!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.