Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out, Steve V., Batomba, Benni3, Hardy Boy, nanz, hrgriz (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Donnyboat

Hi Jay, sorry I did not get back to you, about the fishing, I have not done much in the last 3 weeks, Had trouble with the trim hydraulics the starter motor, I still have lobster pots in the water, that I have not pulled in 3 weeks, was a nice day today, I should have been out there, but could not get a decky, maybe Pat & I will get out tomorrow, although her back is not going the best, also welcome to David 13, ED, Tommy, Shellback and Tunangler, yes good people here only to glad to help us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

tunangler

Thanks guys and thanks to you Alan especially for the invitation to sell on your site. In the coming days I will post photos of the reels that I would like to sell

alantani

you're welcomed.  please bear in mind that it is our policy not to have sales listed here as long as they are on ebay.  once the reels are withdrawn from ebay, feel free to list them here.  the idea is to avoid bidding wars among our own members.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

tunangler

Thanks Alan, Alto Mare (Salvatore) explained your rules in Italian and told me about the "fishing gear" section. I thought in good faith that selling on eBay was a guarantee of seriousness. Thank you again.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

not a problem.  it's impossible for anyone coming in brand new to know everything. 

Darkhorse

Hello from Georgia (usa), and I really like this forum. When I was still working my career was in Aircraft Structural Components, as a Tool & Die (among other things) maker I was good at making and repairing small components. But I had never repaired a fishing reel. One day I decided to fix an old Diawa Sealine that had fished the Kingfish Tournaments for over 10 years. That reel is in a grocery bag in the shop....in pieces. I couldn't get it all apart much less back together.
But I do a lot of solo Bass fishing now and my main reels get a workout. Used to I would just chunk a broke reel and buy another, but they were cheaper then than now. So when the level wind broke on a Revo SX I just jumped in there and fixed it.
Now I've got 2 more that need fixing and I was searching the web for info and found this site. Wonderful. Just what I need.

alantani

glad it's working out for you.  welcome!!!!!

Abaddon

Thanks for the addition Alan !

Been a long time follower of your work.

Having an issue with the Tiagra 30W LRS - will post in the Shimano threads and see what the community can pitch in.

Thanks and regards from South Africa. 

foakes

Welcome aboard, Abaddon!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

Trappermike

Alan, thanks for the add.  I have fished in the Bay Area for 30 plus years and been a Coastsider since the early days.  Was working on some reels yesterday and realized that I don't know as much as I thought I did!!  Hoping to learn more or find someone to do some work for me.

Trappermike
AKA, Mike Shemwell

alantani

if you're in the neighborhood, swing by!!!!!

Benni3

Welcome from Virginia,,,,,,,, ;D

Donnyboat

Hi trapper Mike, welcome from sunny Western Australia, when dismantling reels take digital photos step by step, also get a copy of the schematics, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat