Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrgriz, Brendan, steelfish, PacRat, DolemiteSF0, carpslinger, mackereljoe, funhog, circlehook (+ 1 Hidden) and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

alantani

december 3rd, 2008 - i don't know how you found me, but welcome to the new board.  it was started just today.  the maintenance, tutorial, fishing and for sale sections will be "read only" until i get everything loaded in.  even after that, they will probably remain "read only" until i see how much work this is really going to be.  i've been wanting to start my own website for quite some time now.  i have so much "stuff" spread out all over the internet that it's become impossible to keep track of.  posts have wandered off to other boards, some have even been translated into foreign languages.  i never would have believed that this material would have ever gained such acceptance.  it has actually been quite humbling.  it has also been getting away from me. 

i will continue to post and field questions on all the other websites, but please check back here for updates and changes before you actually crack open a reel.  if there is an update on a fishing reel rebuild post, i want make sure you know before hand.  to all of you that have been supportive and encouraging, and even to those of you that have been harshly critical, you have my sincere gratitude.  i could not have come this far without you.  alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jhben

I have followed your advice and suggestions over the years. I thought it was about time to join a board that I was actually interested in instead of just following random posts and I look forward to seeing what new and exciting things occur with your site.

Hayden

redsetta

Welcome Hayden, hope you enjoy your stay.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

you know i saw your 1st post a day or so after it was posted.waited to see any "ROAD RAGE" or b/s and been here ever since.there are no experts in fishing,but there is in reel maintenence.nuff said

johnachak

Hi and thanks for a great informative site. I have been reading here for a while but I finally actually registered. Hi all. I recently retired and the local reel repair guy is taking a sabbatical till Labor day. I am helping out my friends (And myself of course) by servicing all their reels.
Thanks again for a great site,
John

Bryan Young

Welcome John.  Glad to have ya.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

aloha hayden and john welcome to alans place.

rawsk

New to this site - I have been on Ifish for 7 yrs. A couple of my halibut reels - Penn 320GT2 were getting a bit rough so I started looking on the web to find info about  fixing them up and ran across Alan's name - he is pretty prominent on Ifish. 
I ordered his reel wrench and some parts and will begin fixing up these reels.
Lots of fun - I love tinkering and doing things myself - and i generally feel that if it went together it can come apart. Putting it back sometimes is a different story!
Ross

Nessie Hunter

Welcome aboard rawsk....   ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

bluefish69

Welcome aboard Rawsk

I am fairly new here myself but have learned a lot. I am a Newell guy & have old Penn reels from the '50s that all work good.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

DanK

First post for me too.

Been fishing since I can remember. I mainly bass dish but dabble in walleye fishing in the fall.

I have an assortment of reels, mainly baitcasters and quant, that need some love

I hope to learn a lot from you and maybe contribute a bunch too.

Thanks

Dan

Danhans

Hi!
this is my first post..
i've been fishing since i was a kid..i fished almost everywhere from super light freshwater to saltwater..
mainly lure casting and light to medium jigging..
please excuse my English i'm from Malaysia..
cheers!

Alto Mare

Welcome Danahans! No need to excuse your English, it's perfect. If it was like mine, it still would be ok. I'm from Italy and up till now, I've been corrected but never made fun of. I guess the members realize that being bilingual or in some cases trilingual  can't be that bad. Enjoy your stay, you will like it here. Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Danhans

thanks Alto Mare!!
actually i never open my reels..i always sent them to local tackle store for servicing or repairing job before i found this great site..now i realized that it is not that hard to do it myself..thank you so much to all contributors especially Sir Alan Tani..
i've also recommended this site to my fishing buddies..they are very excited about it  ;D

Keta

I was born and rased in the US and I have trouble with English.  Welcome aboard and start getting your reels in shape.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain