Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrgriz, MACflyer, Brendan, DolemiteSF0 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Crow

Welcome from Dauphin Island, Alabama.........for only 1 more week :'(!!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Steelyfinn

Hello to all,
     I've been reading and learning from this forum a couple of years now and wanted to thank all that have posted and shared their knowledge.  The site has been an essential help in learning to repair and maintain the Calcutta's, curados, and stradics I like to use for steelhead and salmon here in the rivers of the NW. The forum has allowed me to rehab my old quick 285 and get my dad's old quicks and penns back into useable condition, which has been a lot of fun (and addicting.)
     I like almost all methods of fishing - from fly fishing with my old medalist to flinging bait under a bobber.  Learning to maintain, repair and build my gear just makes it better.
     I'm looking forward to learning more from you all.
Thanks again,
Jon

Alto Mare

Welcome from Philadelphia, Jon!
Yes fixing and maintaining your own reels gives you a better feeling and at times a better job.
Enjoy your stay.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Brewcrafter

Welcome Jon from the SoCal Inland Empire! - john

foakes

Welcome aboard, Jon!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Donnyboat

Sounds like you have some good reels Jon, nothing like servicing old gear & catching a nice feed with them after, thanks for touching bace with us, good people on this forum, thanks to Alan & the moderators, welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don, been a bit cooler this week here, forcasting 29C today, best time of the year in our part of the world.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

Welcome from salem Virginia,,,,,,,, ;D

bhale1

Welcome Jon, Brett from So. AZ.
Enjoy

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Sharkb8

Welcome Jon from South Australia

Kim

Tiddlerbasher

Welcome Jon - Chris, UK :)

GOTTA FISH

Hello all!! 
I checked out this Great Web Site yesterday!  I was very impressed of the knowledge, that you have on here!  I have lots of saltwater gear, I mainly fish saltwater, Crescent City, California  (Pacific Ocean).  Also enjoy fishing Minnesota/Canada, fresh water lakes. 

A neighbor gave me a Penn 4/0 113.  Needs to be taken apart, cleaned and greased/oil, needs new drags, I hope to find a used spool to replace the one I have, it is in poor shape.  I am pretty confident to take this reel apart myself, thanks to your site here!!

Steve

alantani

welcome. 

for the black side plate 113, you can convert the drag stack from "1+3" to "1+5" using a carbontex drag washers under the main gear and five of the #6-60 drag washers inside.  you will also need an extra keyed and slottted metal washer, or perhaps a new set of five metal washers.  if you have a red side plate 113h, you can again replace the fiber washer under the main gear with a carbontex drag.  you hopefully will have a set of ht-100 drags already inside.  even if they are grungy, it actually works to just grease and reinstall them!

please let us know if we can help.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Sharkb8

Welcome Steve from South Australia

Kim