Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out, Steve V., Batomba, Benni3, Hardy Boy, nanz, hrgriz (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Logan7755

Hey thanks for the add. My name is Logan and i'm from Erie Pennsylvania. I've been learning a lot from all of yall and this site. I hope to learn more. Thanks.
Some days you catch fish. Other days you catch a cold.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Logan!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Brewcrafter

Welcome Logan! - john

David Hall

Welcome Logan, from the sunny side of San Jose.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Hi Logan, nice to have you with us, what fishing gear do you have, have you serviced any reels yet, do you do salt water fishing or fresh water, welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

Welcome from salem va,,,,,,, ;D

Sharkb8

Welcome Logan from South Australia

Kim

Logan7755

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I live about a mile from lake Erie which is one of the great lakes. I have never fished saltwater but just seeing the reels some of yall use it looks like fun. I generally fish for steelhead, walleye, bass and panfish but am starting to learn a little bit about pike and musky. And just started fishing for channel cats.

I haven't taken apart any reels besides an old Ryobi v-mag 4. Which is what led me to this site a few months back and
it's about time I join.

Few of the rods and reels I have are

Fenwick rigger stick paired with a penn peer 209lh

Older green Cortland endurance noodle rod with a Nasci 2500

A diawa baitcaster paired with a guide series IM7 blank

Couple light rods with quantum throttle 20s and a sienna 2500.

Some days you catch fish. Other days you catch a cold.

Donnyboat

Great Logan, you have enough there to keep you bizz for some time, just take digital pics step by step, as you strip them, also keep notes as you go, then refer back as you place them back together, plenty of good people here that will help if you have any trouble, also make sure you have good tools specially screw drivers, & the modern lubes, good luck have fun, stay safe, keep well cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Scupper plug

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks to Alan, and every one else who had posted all different kinds of information on the different types of reels that are out there, I especially want to say thanks to Alan for his unbelievable detailed information And step by step photo grafts Of Penn reels and the Daiwa Sealine reels, rebuilds, it open the door for me to service, the reels that I grew up with, Tony

Benni3

Welcome from salem Virginia,,,,, ;D

Crow

Welcome ! Lots to learn here, from a lot of nice folks !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!