Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem, Jigtosser, ExcessiveAngler, hrgriz, Brendan, DolemiteSF0, carpslinger (+ 2 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

thorhammer

Quote from: jrhall86 on January 21, 2022, 04:42:43 PM
Quote from: Donnyboat on January 21, 2022, 01:27:38 AM
Hi JRHall 86, try to get some marine grease, onto the screws, you get lots of corrocion with the SSteel screws & alloy frames, good luck cheers Don.

First thing I did when I got it. Haven't spooled it yet but am going to coat the spool with something.

Carnauba wax on spool. if you're gonna use braid, wrap a few turns of flex wrap on the arbor after you put the wax on, or put a little marine grease on the arbor the flexwrap.(still use wax on rest of the spool). Don't let tackle shop cheap you by using electrical tape if they spool your reels- it ends badly. Alan has some very nasty pictures on here of what that does (when the pics come back up).

Scottsfishn

Hello! Found this site looking for info on 970's and 980's. Mostly fish from the sand in Florida. Nearing retirement and getting back into fishing hardcore. Have poles will travel. Ha!

Wompus Cat

Welcome from Deep in the Heart of TEXAS.
Ask away what the peeps here  don't know ain't worth Knowin .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

foakes

Welcome aboard, Scott!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

thorhammer

Welcome, Scott. I have a few Magpowers and 980 is my preferred drum reel.

John in NC

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Midway Tommy

Welcome, Scott! Retirement & fishing go hand in hand! 8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

alantani

Quote from: Scottsfishn on January 23, 2022, 09:52:39 PM
Hello! Found this site looking for info on 970's and 980's. Mostly fish from the sand in Florida. Nearing retirement ....

welcome!  yeah, retire as soon as you can.  it was the best thing that i ever did!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Donnyboat

Yes I retired about 12 years ago, I was going to do wonders once I retired, but never get any spare time, flat out, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Gfish

Quote from: Donnyboat on January 25, 2022, 01:21:00 PM
Yes I retired about 12 years ago, I was going to do wonders once I retired, but never get any spare time, flat out, cheers Don.

Welcome! Scottsfishin.

Don, yer scarin me, man.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

conchydong

Welcome from a retired Floridian also named Scott
Retirement is great but the honey do list gets larger.

kjdunne

Welcome from New Jersey!

Kal

Brewcrafter

Welcome Scott!  Retirement ain't happening here for awhile, coinciding with some graduations.... - john