Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seruga, Jerseymic, Squiggy, eguinn, PacRat, redfish12, hrgriz, MACflyer and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gfish

Quote from: fiffe69 on March 30, 2023, 01:24:32 AMHi everybody,

This is a quick message to say Thank You! to all of you in this forum.

It is something good that you have built here for the benefit of many and although it takes a lot of your time you are always there with great answers and amazing stories to share.

In silence but, I (as many not subscribed yet) have enjoyed and profited from the vast knowledge that you share here, and this has been the place I come for answers for a while now.

I started to collect some vintage reels and enjoy fishing, of course, I have found a lot of peace in both activities (although the collecting part has made a hole in my wallet and some troubles with my wife but, that is ok)

Thank you again!

Hiroel

Alright Hiroel, et.al. Sounds like you guys are in the right place.
I'll never understand why a wife/female significant other, often don't seem to like their guy's hobby. Especially when it can be relatively safe and inexpensive. Like it or not, guy's godda have stimulation outside the relationship. Trying to discourage dangerous fun stuff, I can understand. But I still need a little of that, even at my age...
Insecure about time and attention spent on something that isn't shared with
Her?
I don't know...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gerrit

Dear Alan, I wanted to thank you for helping me to finds part for my very old Daiwa Sealine 250. For this old reel mo parts we available. I had to use parts from newer reels which I had to adapt. I had to use a different Anti-reverse pawl, a different Anti-reverse pawl spring and also a different Set plate. I onky needed a larger Spacing sleeve. It took a while and finally I succeded.
Thanks for you help.
Yours Gerrit de Groot

foakes

Welcome aboard, Gerrit!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Donnyboat

Hi Gerret, nice to see you saved that reel from the trash bin, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, are you planing to fish from beach or boat, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bill B

Good to have you here Gerrit. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Hardy Boy

Howdy Gerrit.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Crow

Welcome....and good save on that reel!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

MexicanGulf

alantani

welcome.  glad everything worked out. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

dubsetter

hello,
lars aka dubsetter  from germany ( the origins of D.A.M.)
says hello to the crew and all old reel freaks.

very informative and special site.

im fishing since my childhood (father went with us to pilk/jig tours on the north sea)
and love old reels and also old rods..
nearly half of my equipment is older stuff,
i still use it and love it.

own several quicks from dam and
other brands like shakespeare, daiwa, ryobi.. etc..

will post some more pics in the nearer future..

greetz
lars

quick-galore.jpg
some reels are bigger than others

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Lars!

Nice reels!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.