Nice bass caught on a vintage Daiwa SS1

Started by SilverRidge, December 20, 2016, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverRidge

Vintage SS1 still catches fish ....

swill88

That's a beauty!

Love the rod too.

I lost my ultralight spinning rod but still have my SS NO. 1 reel.

IT NEEDS A HANDLE! ANYONE? (Fred?)

thanks for posting,

steve

SilverRidge

Swill88 thank you, that's one of the vintage Daiwa ultralight reels I fish with, as good or better than any of the modern reels its size on the market today IMHO, I spooled it with the Berkley Nanofil 4 lb test and it's the most amazing line I have ever fished with, but that's another story for a different subject, the rod is a bamboo 7'0 two piece, medium flex from overseas, very nice casting spinnng rod, the LM bass was just under 8 lbs, what fun catching a fish that size on ultralight tackle ....also I'll bet Fred has the part your looking for ...
Paul

foakes

I have a few loose handles, Steve --

Will need close up pics and model number to match.

That looks similar to a Daiwa 1000C.

N/C, if I have one for you...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

SilverRidge

Fred....

1000c and SS1 very very close in size I'll crank up some photos in next few days of
500C - 700C - 1000C - SS1 and a few other reels for comparisons ...

Paul

foakes

I have the 500C, 700C, 1000C, and Mini-Mites, plus a few others.

Just need to know which of these handles fit the SS1 on your end -- then I can try some on my end -- and send you what will fit.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

SilverRidge

Fred, handle on SS1 and 1000C look the same ....

Paul

foakes

Paul --

I have some of those, I believe --

PM your full name and address -- and I will get it off to you in tomorrows mail.

N/C --

Best Regards,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

SilverRidge

Fred ..... Steve was the member looking for the handles, was not me ... Just thought I'd help out posting pics of the handle in question ..

Paul

The Fishing Hobby

Nice fish and of course the reel too! I would like to know more about that rod, it looks like a beauty! I have an old bamboo rod that I need to get to work on...I'm feeling inspired now!

SilverRidge

That rod is a 7'0 medium action 2 piece bamboo rod, purchased it overseas from Zhu rods, he's got a listing on Amazon, nice spinnng rod, im a collector of cane rods and this is the first rod other than a fly rod that I've acquired, believe the price was around $125, worth the bucks if your into bamboo rods ....

Paul

Danwin22

Paul,

Thanks for posting that picture of  the Daiwa SS No. 1 & 1000c.

I have a like new SS-1 and was wondering how it compared in size to the 1000c.

Now I notice on ebay that some of the 1000c's were made in Japan and others in Korea.

USAF 1958-'62   NRA Member

swill88

I love the SS No 1.

I'm bringing it with me when I come a visiting Fred.

Thanks Paul for posting the handle pics in December '16.

Steve