Introducing Max Out with Maxed Out

Started by Bryan Young, January 04, 2017, 03:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Well, that's the name I gave it anyway.  It sounds catchy, and can changed it after Ted see this.  :D

I would like to thank Ted for offering amazing parts to our members, and many of you know his creations and knowledge has been a great benefit to our Reel Ohana.  Here is Ted's own special parts space.  Many have inquired with me about how to obtain Ted's parts, but I can never find his posting, so to make it easier on me and others, Ted now has his own workspace.  

Congratulations Ted.  Looking forward to seeing what comes our way.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

thorhammer

Congrats brother! These are some really sweet pieces to those who haven't held them. Ted and I communicate a lot and he has put a lot of time and resources into making sure these things are spot-on blingy to pair up with the other fantastic offerings on the site like Tom's CC 4/0 plates. By time, I mean a TON of hand polishing and inspection prior to anodizing. My second round is in the mail from him now. I know he has done things for other members here also, but he has for sure been a tremendous friend and resource to me.

John

broadway

Bout time, Ted! Congrats on your own section on AT.  What you have coming out is gonna blow the socks off a scarecrow.  Can't wait for my 5 sets of goodies not to mention all the accessories you may have on the horizon.
The extra time in polishing and finding the right people to do their part in making a perfect product is not easy, so thank you for putting in all the leg work for us.
Looking forward to seeing this section blossom with all of your creative ideas.
Keep up the good work,
Dom

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Dominick

Ted it looks like you get recognition for all your cutting edge endeavors.  Congratulations to the max.  Also, thank you for your generosity with me and others on the site.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

Thanks for all you do for us, Ted --

You are an amazing and modest individual.

We are very fortunate, indeed.

Best Regards,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

STRIPER LOU

Congrats Ted! Awesome goodies. Keep up the great work.
............Lou

Shark Hunter

Ted is the craziest reel head I have ever met.
He lives and breathes to the next reel. The next build, the next find.
My kind of guy.
Congratulations Ted. ;)
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 04, 2017, 05:13:12 PM
Ted is the craziest reel head I have ever met.
He lives and breathes to the next reel. The next build, the next find.
My kind of guy.
Congratulations Ted. ;)

x2

...his new parts = amazing...his reel collections = amazing...his offerings to all of us = amazing  ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Alto Mare

Congratulations Ted! lots of luck with your new adventure, I'm sure you will do great.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rothmar2

You're an inspiration to us all. Your own board has definitely been needed. All the best with your ventures!

Maxed Out

.....Wow, not sure what to say, except I am not deserving of any praise, I am just the messenger. Hopefully I can introduce everyone to Chris, the talent behind the design, programming, tooling, and milling. Being able to see custom parts being milled by a modern CNC is truly amazing. Hope to share some pics of that process very soon.

Thanks to Bryan and Alan for allowing a platform to offer some custom components. My main goal for making these parts is to offer parts that nobody else is offering. I am not here to compete with anyone, more so to compliment other custom components offered on the forum.

-Ted

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

Ted, we missed Albacore season this year...I hope we can get out sometime in the future brother. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Maxed Out

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 04, 2017, 08:57:13 PM
Ted, we missed Albacore season this year...I hope we can get out sometime in the future brother. 

No doubt, I had to buy mine from a commercial boat down at the marina.....that was a first for me. Last summer the albacore never got closer than about 60 miles. Usual year they are 30-35 miles out. Hopefully we get back to normal this summer and all you so-cal albacore orphans can come up and get in on the fun of live bait albacore in a big boiling feeding frenzy.

See what you did Bryan?!? ;) , now I want to go tuna fishing. :D

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Congratulations Ted, and thank you for bringing us all of the trick Penn parts that we have always wanted but never even considered investing all of the time and money required to bring them to life, and making them right here in the USA.  I know that it's a labor of love for you, but it's a lot of labor nonetheless.

And thank you Bryan for setting up the forum for Ted.  It's great for us old, technologically disadvantaged codgers to have a place of our own on the Internets, and there is no way that we would ever have it without you and Alan to help us.

I can't wait to see what you dream up next Ted!

Randy