New style shift lever

Started by Maxed Out, January 05, 2017, 01:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

This project was such a no brainer it is beyond silly. We are still using a shift lever designed in the 1930's by Otto Henze, the founder of Penn reels. Fast forward 85 years and it's time for something new....

....the all new "tank top" shift levers are 100% CNC machined from a solid piece of 6061 aluminum. The first version is a bit too proud and will not work with offset handle arms.

A 2nd batch will be ready within 2-3 weeks that will not stick out as far and will allow for offset arms.

First batch of 100 went like wildfire on simply word of mouth. The few I have remaining will be held off for those who buy a kit. Fear not, more are on the way very soon in all colors of the Tom H rainbow.  :D

Also been tinkering with colored O-rings, and all future shift levers will come with a set of black O-rings. These shifters will be offered at $20 each, and there will be a small discount on orders of 3 or more. I've sent some out to the Ohana for feedback and I'm sure we will soon hear from them.

These levers are available @ Mysticparts.com, and also at CortezConversions.com
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Maxed Out

....and right at home on Cortez Conversions sideplates

-Ted

Cor

Cornelis

mley1

Will one of these levers fit on a Cortez Conversion side plate for a 113H. I put one together recently and would love a black lever to put on the reel.
Good luck fishing,

Marty

Maxed Out

Quote from: mley1 on January 05, 2017, 06:56:55 AM
Will one of these levers fit on a Cortez Conversion side plate for a 113H. I put one together recently and would love a black lever to put on the reel.

Yes, any reel with a 113 eccentric. Reels pictured above with new lever are Cortez 4/0's (113H)

Jigmasters, and senators up to 4/0. If you have offset handle arm you'll need to wait a couple weeks for the next batch. This first batch is for flat handle arms.

These levers also fit many pro gear reels. Here are just a few. 251, 255, 2000, 2500, 545, 541, 454, 440, 3000 & 3500

....also KC Lee Pro, and several others.

STRIPER LOU

They look awesome Ted. Reely dresses up the reel!
............Lou

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Aiala

Simply spectacular, comme toujours... must have a few!  :D

Umm... any chance of a pink one?  ;)  ;D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Maxed Out

Quote from: Aiala on January 05, 2017, 09:11:12 PM
Simply spectacular, comme toujours... must have a few!  :D

Umm... any chance of a pink one?  ;)  ;D

~A~

Aiala, you know if I had a pink one it would already be on the way. I am currently out of levers, but will have more in about 3 weeks......in the colors already posted.

I seem to recall a stunning green Lee Pro Jigmaster that resides in Palm Springs. How bout a green shifter for it ??

mley1

I got your pm. Thanks! I responded back and look forward to the new shift lever.
Good luck fishing,

Marty

Yogi_fish808

Ted,
Thank you so much for getting your awesome new shift levers to me this week. Just when I was certain the rasta jigmaster (which you already generously donated a mint gold accuframe to)...these things come along and change the game all over again. They look amazing being color matched the the cortez plates and the o-rings are a perfect touch. They also feel great in hand and to operate, perfect weighted feel to them as the eccentric cam snaps them back and forth.

Before and After

A closeup

Shakas and a BIGGG Aloha,
Kyle Yogi

Maxed Out

That's a beauty Yogi......The Rasta like nobodys business.....very cool indeed !!

-Ted

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

MarkT

Looks, feels and works great on my Pro Gear 545!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!