113h knock off / clone or which brand is this next reel?

Started by steelfish, January 10, 2017, 01:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Quote from: sdlehr on January 11, 2017, 06:57:11 PM
Alex, it looks to me like the last fiber and metal drag washers are there to take up space, not functional.... unless the stack compresses down.... the next to last metal washer seems to be clear of the main gear, which is OK, but that would leave the last one non-functional.

Sid

O...
Would you look at that!?

Good eye Sid :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

steelfish

Quote from: sdlehr on January 11, 2017, 06:57:11 PM
Alex, it looks to me like the last fiber and metal drag washers are there to take up space, not functional.... unless the stack compresses down.... the next to last metal washer seems to be clear of the main gear, which is OK, but that would leave the last one non-functional.

Sid

thanks Sid, you know I saw it when I was installing everything back again but never though on fixing it, Duh!!  :-[ :-[

that explains why the star feels hard to turn once is applying some drag, well now I know, there was no presure bell washer in there after the last metal washer and of course CF/metal washers dont compress that much.

I will fix that in short

The Baja Guy

steelfish

Quote from: foakes on January 11, 2017, 03:49:40 AM
If you figure out which number would work, and do not have one -- let me know and I will send you one at N/C.
Got a bunch of these.
Best,

Fred

Fred you have PM
The Baja Guy

foakes

Thanks, Alex --

Pulled out a new 21-49.

I will get it off to you tomorrow.

Don't really have many Newell parts -- Check with Randy at Vintage Offshore -- he will likely have what you need.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

defrag4

Quote from: steelfish on January 12, 2017, 07:07:20 AM
Quote from: foakes on January 11, 2017, 03:49:40 AM
If you figure out which number would work, and do not have one -- let me know and I will send you one at N/C.
Got a bunch of these.
Best,

Fred

Fred you have PM

@steelfish, did your buddy ever figure out what the heck this reel was? I am having the same issue ID'ng mine, trying to find a replacement gear sleeve

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=31980

i am also located in Baja, I bought the reel from a guy up in San Diego who said he fishes down here alot, wonder if it was the same guy??

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

haha, sorry, I never saw a notification of someone replying to this thread.

just surprised to see someone asking for the exact same reel model, so, maybe the same guy left one reel here in Baja and the new owner which is a local panga captain ended up with that reel, so, back to the question, NOP I never found the maker of that reel, actually I have the reel with me because the handle had a lot of play with sleeve and the captain didnt wanted to spend more money on it, so I switch the reel for some rod repairs as a favor to him because I havent touched that reel again since that time.

on a double thinking it might good time to find a replacement handle/knob and use it as loaner reel for friends
The Baja Guy