alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial 113h knock off / clone or which brand is this next reel?
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
October 21, 2021, 02:58:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 113h knock off / clone or which brand is this next reel?  (Read 6307 times)
Ryan W and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Tightlines667
Sensei

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 07:01:31 PM »

Alex, it looks to me like the last fiber and metal drag washers are there to take up space, not functional.... unless the stack compresses down.... the next to last metal washer seems to be clear of the main gear, which is OK, but that would leave the last one non-functional.

Sid

O...
Would you look at that!?

Good eye Sid Smiley

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.
steelfish
Sensei

Sea of Cortez

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 09:39:24 PM »

Alex, it looks to me like the last fiber and metal drag washers are there to take up space, not functional.... unless the stack compresses down.... the next to last metal washer seems to be clear of the main gear, which is OK, but that would leave the last one non-functional.

Sid

thanks Sid, you know I saw it when I was installing everything back again but never though on fixing it, Duh!!  Embarrassed Embarrassed

that explains why the star feels hard to turn once is applying some drag, well now I know, there was no presure bell washer in there after the last metal washer and of course CF/metal washers dont compress that much.

I will fix that in short

The Baja Guy
steelfish
Sensei

Sea of Cortez

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 07:07:20 AM »

If you figure out which number would work, and do not have one -- let me know and I will send you one at N/C.
Got a bunch of these.
Best,

Fred

Fred you have PM

The Baja Guy
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 07:15:21 AM »

Thanks, Alex --

Pulled out a new 21-49.

I will get it off to you tomorrow.

Don't really have many Newell parts -- Check with Randy at Vintage Offshore -- he will likely have what you need.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

---------
You can keep knocking on doors that never open — or you can make your own door…and walk through it.

I’m not striving to be the guy with the most parts in the graveyard.
defrag4

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2020, 04:14:22 AM »

If you figure out which number would work, and do not have one -- let me know and I will send you one at N/C.
Got a bunch of these.
Best,

Fred

Fred you have PM

@steelfish, did your buddy ever figure out what the heck this reel was? I am having the same issue ID'ng mine, trying to find a replacement gear sleeve

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=31980

i am also located in Baja, I bought the reel from a guy up in San Diego who said he fishes down here alot, wonder if it was the same guy??
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 05:22:02 AM by defrag4 » Logged
Swami805

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 10:54:31 AM »

Same guy? Maybe the same reel?
steelfish
Sensei

Sea of Cortez

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2021, 06:01:31 PM »

haha, sorry, I never saw a notification of someone replying to this thread.

just surprised to see someone asking for the exact same reel model, so, maybe the same guy left one reel here in Baja and the new owner which is a local panga captain ended up with that reel, so, back to the question, NOP I never found the maker of that reel, actually I have the reel with me because the handle had a lot of play with sleeve and the captain didnt wanted to spend more money on it, so I switch the reel for some rod repairs as a favor to him because I havent touched that reel again since that time.

on a double thinking it might good time to find a replacement handle/knob and use it as loaner reel for friends

The Baja Guy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: