110N spacer washers

Started by CH, January 11, 2017, 10:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CH

Fred and/or other members ----

I own 2 110N reels.
One has always been a tad smoother than the other.

Today I had them apart for cleaning and noticed 1 of them was short 1 washer between the drive plate and ratchet wheel.
#100-088 is part number.
The exploded view of this reel shows 2 of these washers together.

Funny thing is - the reel missing a washer (only having 1) is the smoother reel!!!????
Hmmmmmmmmmm.......
Is there a reason?
Should I add a washer to the one missing it? Or... maybe it's better to only use 1?
Opinion?
Seems the washers in question's purpose is to space ratchet wheel off of spool back?

One more thing -- the washers I'm talking about look exactly like the bottom drag washer. Same washer? Or do I just have wrong washer in wrong place?

Thanks in advance for all help rendered on this puzzle. :)
L2F/F2L
DAM Quick Addicted

foakes

Likely, Chris -- that will work just fine --

The two spacers in the schematic are hard resistex -- they do not move, and are just there for spacing under the brass washer with two ears that set into the spool base and click wheel.

Lots of ways to adjust or set these up -- not that critical -- as long as the spool is at the right height for even and complete line lay.

Make sure this is the schematic you have for the 110N -- and if anything is needed, let me know.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

CH

Quote from: foakes on January 12, 2017, 07:30:16 AM
Likely, Chris -- that will work just fine --

The two spacers in the schematic are hard resistex -- they do not move, and are just there for spacing under the brass washer with two ears that set into the spool base and click wheel.

Lots of ways to adjust or set these up -- not that critical -- as long as the spool is at the right height for even and complete line lay.

Make sure this is the schematic you have for the 110N -- and if anything is needed, let me know.

Best,

Fred

Thanks Fred.....
OK, now I know.
I reckon I'll leave as is. The reel seems to be winding line on both just fine.
And Yes, I'm using the 110N schematic that I took from an earlier post you made. I love exploded views - a picture is definitely worth a thousand words.
:)
Thanks again.
L2F/F2L
DAM Quick Addicted