My sisters place on/in the Eel River...

Started by steelhead_killer, January 12, 2017, 01:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Picture was taken by the US coast guard flying over my sisters farm on the Eel river down at the mouth.  Looks like she has Island property now.   High tide plus the flooding spells problems for her every year.  This is the worst in 20+ years.  All the animals and my mom left yesterday before the crest.  She is going to have a huge mess on her hands with all the drift wood that stays on her property after the water resides. The worst is over for now.  I asked her to keep her eye open for a stray salmon or sturgeon...

><)))">

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cortez_Conversions

Holy Smokes! Terrible situation, glad your mom and the critters are safe.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

swill88

Is that the ocean at the top of the picture?

Bryan Young

Wow, I'm. Looks like great position for the buildings.   I hope damage isn't too bad in the end.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Gfish

Man! Used fish that area( from the mouth of the Van Duzen, down through The Fernbridge area back in the early 80's. Looks like the River's gonna have a silt problem this year.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

steelhead_killer

Yes that is the Pacific in the top of the photo.  To the left of the bunch of trees at the top of the photo is the mouth of the Eel River.  Original house and barn have been there since the 64' flood.  Over the years and well before California became the over regulated mess that it is, they would bring in loads of ash from the lumber mills to build up the height.  That would never be allowed these days.  After the big earth quake in the 80's the whole basin sunk 10"

Andy
><)))">

Alto Mare

Wow Andy, I'm glad everyone is ok. What a pic!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wailua boy