Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabaman1 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Benni3

I got 2 hybrids and marlo got 2 today,,,,,,, ;D

Ron Jones

Sweet!
Looks like the spot.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Benni3

Quote from: Ron Jones on August 25, 2020, 02:53:28 AM
Sweet!
Looks like the spot.
The Man
Thanks my friend,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 4hybirds 1 cat,,marlo 5hybirds 1 cat,,,Larry 2hybirds and clay 3hybirds,,,,,, :D today was the most ever at the cove and we got fish,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

One right after another,,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Dominick

Benni is cool.  Just like Hollywood.  Sunglasses at night.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

Quote from: Dominick on August 26, 2020, 03:44:12 PM
Benni is cool.  Just like Hollywood.  Sunglasses at night.   ;D  Dominick
Quote from: oc1 on August 26, 2020, 06:18:27 AM
Life is good.
-s
Thanks very much my friends,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got skunked,,,,marlo 3hybirds and Larry got 1hybird,,,, :D still fun,,,,,, ;D

Brewcrafter

I am curious - are those "hybrids" the same thing that I have had countless hours of fun catching in Missouri that we referred to as "white bass"?  They were a blast (and BOY did they taste good smoked).  Routine was always the same; fish the river and nothing happening and then a school would swim through and BAM - 15-30 minutes of insane action.  In SW Missouri white Rooster Tails was the hot ticket.  Great photos thanks for sharing! - john

Benni3

Quote from: Brewcrafter on August 27, 2020, 07:46:32 AM
I am curious - are those "hybrids" the same thing that I have had countless hours of fun catching in Missouri that we referred to as "white bass"?  They were a blast (and BOY did they taste good smoked).  Routine was always the same; fish the river and nothing happening and then a school would swim through and BAM - 15-30 minutes of insane action.  In SW Missouri white Rooster Tails was the hot ticket.  Great photos thanks for sharing! - john
Thanks man and yes they are "hybrids" and in this super clean water they taste great,,,,,, ;) they fight harder then smallmouth for pound for pound maybe bonito's,,,,,,,, ;D

thorhammer

hybrid are striper X white bass cross. sometimes called wypers. they, and white perch, are all of the Morone genus. I'm downstream from Benni, and we used to catch white bass and hybrids in the 90's but I haven't seen either in 20 years. Typically hybrids are stocked.

John

Brewcrafter

Thanks Benni and Thorhammer!  Where I was at in SW Missouri you would meter them in large schools in the lakes (Table Rock, Bull Shoals, pretty much any lake) but the fun was in the spring when they would run up the tributaries and creeks feeding the lakes.  White Rooster Tails and also Maribou jigs were the hot ticket, and when a school would come upstream it would be fun chaos. - john

thorhammer

i have boxes of rooster tails from those lost days :(

Gfish

Best store-bought spinner I ever used. With that lead body, hackle and hydrodynamic blade you could reel it straight in, jerk it in, jig it down deep and make nice accurate casts on small waters(creeks).
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!