Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Quote from: steelfish on August 17, 2017, 05:16:56 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on August 17, 2017, 01:24:12 AM
My rat rod
Some very nice people has help me put this thing together,,,, 3yr ago Scott's bait and tackle put ss sleeves  4.1 gears and ht-100,,,had a aftco butt and a new set of rollers mac stout at Crowder rods built me this custom  rod for $98 dollars  ;D ,,,,,sal hooked me up with the t-handle and the owner of where I work gave me the leather  for the drag patch and he said that's stuff expensive! you know how much that costs let me tell you it expensive!  ::)

sooo, this reel its to catch the big turttle?  ;D ;D

by the way, how did you made the drag patch? I have some leather pieces that i can use to made something like that
I work at a belt shop we replace conveyor belts and we use alligator clips ,,,,I had to open the clips put in a drill bit that's a little bigger than the post,,,,even up the clips with the leather belt and clamp it down in a vice take out ,,,drill out the holes for the staples or if you got room for bolts and nuts ? What size reel I can send you some clips ,,,,,this rod likes the lake and head boats  :D

Benni3

Fishing tonight got a lot of red eyes a smallmouth and a small turtle but these new hook outs I got at a yard sale today works great  ;D

Benni3

Went to the cove no luck got skunked,,,,nightcrawlers didn't do it,,,next time gulp jig  :-\

Benni3

$10 dollars,,,?What kind of rod is this  ;)  acid wrap,,, :D

Benni3

The hurricane hit today,,,,but I went fishing anyway not as much rain as the weather man said,,,kayaks are not as easy to fish with,,,,missed a nice striper  >:(  tight lines  :D

Benni3

Went back to the cove,,,and marlo got a hybrid striped bass on a chicken liver,,,ya great job

jason_purdy

Benni,
When I lived in middle Tennessee chicken livers fished below the thermocline was a primary tactic for targeting the hybrids in those big lakes. Many times, I saw livers outfish livebait for hybrids (not stripers though). Cheers!

-Jason

steelfish

Quote from: Benni3 on August 24, 2017, 12:30:01 AM

that rod looks really similar that one that I recently traded for some freshwater lures (not using them anymore), check mine.

its a true temper rod, made in USA, I just got it for a winter project, put some new wire guides and keep it as factory stock as possible
The Baja Guy

Benni3

Quote from: jason_purdy on September 06, 2017, 09:44:08 PM
Benni,
When I lived in middle Tennessee chicken livers fished below the thermocline was a primary tactic for targeting the hybrids in those big lakes. Many times, I saw livers outfish livebait for hybrids (not stripers though). Cheers!

-Jason
yes chicken livers is the key to the cove,,,it is very regulated,,,no live bait $250 fine,,, just chicken livers ,nightcrawers and lures ,,,closed 8:30 pm weekdays 9:30 pm weekends no swimming,,,,but when kayak flips  $150 for new cell phone  :'(  ;) :D

Benni3

Quote from: steelfish on September 07, 2017, 05:23:38 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on August 24, 2017, 12:30:01 AM

that rod looks really similar that one that I recently traded for some freshwater lures (not using them anymore), check mine.

its a true temper rod, made in USA, I just got it for a winter project, put some new wire guides and keep it as factory stock as possible
thanks ,,,,im going to try to fix mine up to ?40s,,50's

Benni3

We got so hybrids and cats tonight,,,chicken livers

Gfish

Gotta "Pelican 1015" case for my phone & wallet stuff I wanna take when Kayakin. So far, so good. The strap goes around my neck and the unit sits inside whatever I'm wearin inside a my PFD. Wrecked the charging unit on 2 phones before I found this one(saltwater corrosion), when I used only a ziplock baggie.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Quote from: Gfish on September 10, 2017, 01:51:36 PM
Gotta "Pelican 1015" case for my phone & wallet stuff I wanna take when Kayakin. So far, so good. The strap goes around my neck and the unit sits inside whatever I'm wearin inside a my PFD. Wrecked the charging unit on 2 phones before I found this one(saltwater corrosion), when I used only a ziplock baggie.
Gfish
thanks,,,,I here good stuff about pelican coolers

Benni3

Got some party balloons with led lights no bites yet  :D

Benni3

Today at work water water everywhere but not a drop to fish,,,no time for me but that small boat had some nice fishing gear on it  ;D