Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

And Marlo got the biggest  ;D

Gfish

Quote from: Benni3 on October 13, 2017, 02:03:50 AM
set back for me and marlo,,,,trout season started  October 1 you can only fish 5:00am to 1hr after sunset using latitude and longitude and NOAA solar calculator,, except carvins cove 8:30am to 6:30pm :-[  new and old rules and regulations by trout unlimited and the Virginia department of game ,,,every half mile of every river, stream and cow pasture has different rules and regulations  (examples: heritage, urban,special,delayed harvest,national forest, land owner permits,,,from this bridge to that bridge and it's all in hieroplyphics  :-\ try to figure out something like there artificial lure definition  ???  and if anybody in the world would like to add anymore rules and regulations for 2019 ,,then go to 2017-2018 fishing and aquatic wildlife regulations review & amendments process: public scoping period for changes/updates  at Virginia department of game and inland fisheries :o ;D :D ;) it just doesn't get any funnier than that,,,but don't worry me and Marlo will figure something out  :D

Do you gotta lota Game Wardens and(or) Enforcement people checkin fisherman?
If you can figure out if the waters are open or not, then you probably can't go wrong witha single-barbless-hook-fly in the daylight... Man, now that I put it in print, whata drag! Might be easier if they shut the whole thing down and people could go somewhere else.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Quote from: Gfish on October 22, 2017, 03:16:27 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on October 13, 2017, 02:03:50 AM
set back for me and marlo,,,,trout season started  October 1 you can only fish 5:00am to 1hr after sunset using latitude and longitude and NOAA solar calculator,, except carvins cove 8:30am to 6:30pm :-[  new and old rules and regulations by trout unlimited and the Virginia department of game ,,,every half mile of every river, stream and cow pasture has different rules and regulations  (examples: heritage, urban,special,delayed harvest,national forest, land owner permits,,,from this bridge to that bridge and it's all in hieroplyphics  :-\ try to figure out something like there artificial lure definition  ???  and if anybody in the world would like to add anymore rules and regulations for 2019 ,,then go to 2017-2018 fishing and aquatic wildlife regulations review & amendments process: public scoping period for changes/updates  at Virginia department of game and inland fisheries :o ;D :D ;) it just doesn't get any funnier than that,,,but don't worry me and Marlo will figure something out  :D

Do you gotta lota Game Wardens and(or) Enforcement people checkin fisherman?
If you can figure out if the waters are open or not, then you probably can't go wrong witha single-barbless-hook-fly in the daylight... Man, now that I put it in print, whata drag! Might be easier if they shut the whole thing down and people could go somewhere else.
Gfish
yes lota game wardens, law enforcement and people like to call them on me  :D and thay have to come out,,,but that's ok the new river it's not a trout river it's hunting season and va tech had a game tonight  ;) some where else ,,,,Florida   ;D

Benni3

It's marlos turn to get a muskie so I handed hem the 706,,,he set the hook,,, it took off went straight for the rocks and got off  :-[  i think it was a big one  :)

Gfish

Great 2 pics. a Marlo, top a the page, espically the one with the fish jumpin. Have we ever hada "best fishing photo" contest for this forum?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Quote from: Gfish on October 24, 2017, 11:19:57 PM
Great 2 pics. a Marlo, top a the page, espically the one with the fish jumpin. Have we ever hada "best fishing photo" contest for this forum?
Gfish
thanks man ,,,,I try to get some good pictures in ,,,,here is one I was using that 9/0 sal built

Benni3

I got a hybrid today

Benni3

Two weeks ago thay wouldn't let marlo off from work to go fishing with me,,,,who knows how much vacation time he's  got and he's never had a sick day,,,,so thay give him a award instead  ;D

Alto Mare

Nice fish Benni. Did you try to photoshop it to make it longer? I see some broken lines ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 28, 2017, 11:41:21 PM
Nice fish Benni. Did you try to photoshop it to make it longer? I see some broken lines ;D.
22in no Photoshop   :D and if I almost back all the drag off the 9/0 it's perfect for strippers,,,thanks again uncle sal  ;D

Alto Mare

:D :D, you have to be the only angler using a 9/0 for stripers...not that there is anything wrong with that ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

FatTuna

One suggestion for removing that pinon gear from the spool. Get two small blocks of balsa wood. Sandwich the gear with the two pieces. Then put it in a bench vise. The balsa will conform to the teeth of the gear. Pull it off. If it's still stuck, place a wooden dowel on the spool shaft and hit it with a hammer.

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 14, 2017, 03:55:32 PM
Put it in the freezer for a few minutes.
I try that first before I go to extremes.
put in freezer,,,nope ,,,back in freezer then oven then freezer,,,nope  ;)

Shark Hunter

What kind of reel is that frozen pinion?
Did you try to pry it off?
Life is Good!

Benni3

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on October 19, 2017, 01:08:45 AM
Great fishing Benni and congrats to Marlo.....for the stuck pinion...try some 50/50 atf/acetone soak, then freezer, 350 degree oven, lather, rinse, repeat, about 3X.  I did that to a broke and frozen screw in an alum frame.   Bill
good idea now I'm trying some $68 a gallon ppg blend erase and hot reducer that has some acetone in it,,,it's  like jet fuel  ;D