Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 04, 2017, 11:51:49 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on December 03, 2017, 11:09:12 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on December 03, 2017, 04:44:47 AM
Looking good Benni, now you're getting serious ;)
not yet uncle sal went out today to test the 16/0 out but the only one I got today was on the 50wt  and we did not know there was a fishing tournament this weekend and you should saw the bass anglers when I throw it back  :o  ???

This pic should be good enough for photo of the month!...very cool Benni!

thanks uncle sal your the best,,,,after the guides and the bass anglers following us around cutting us off and running over the fish wide open all day ,,,,, thay where watching us looking over at the shark tank on the back of the boat and im reeling one in with the 50wt  ??? and my dad yelling at me you got another trash fish on  :D we ended up having one of the best time ever and my dad laughed all the way home did you see those guys that was funny  :D

oc1

Yeah, that is funny.  Very funny.
-steve

Shark Hunter

I am sure none of those guys in the tournament were packing a Jaws reel. ;D
Glad Your Dad and you had a good time Benni.
Cherish these times.
PM me your address and I'll send you some rigs for that reel for what is was made to do. ;)
Life is Good!

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 05, 2017, 01:53:36 AM
I am sure none of those guys in the tournament were packing a Jaws reel. ;D
Glad Your Dad and you had a good time Benni.
Cherish these times.
PM me your address and I'll send you some rigs for that reel for what is was made to do. ;)
you know that would be alot better having a expert but this rig together,,,,thanks

Benni3

Dewayne got a nice 19in 3lb + rainbow,,,on fly rod  ;D

Benni3

What size hooks go on a black bart 11in 295,,,,, call them very nice guys  :)

Tightlines667

Quote from: Benni3 on December 08, 2017, 09:25:50 AM
What size hooks go on a black bart 11in 295

I would run 12/0 mustard trolling hook in front, and 11/0 in back.  I like tandem hooks rigged with heavy braided cable, and heat shrink to hold them in the desired position.  I like them offset 90 deg on marlin baits, and 180 Deg on Wahoo lures.  A lot of guys run them 180 deg for everything.  You can buy tandem rigs premade, or make your own.

Many of the Kona guys run single stiff hook rigs, where a larger size hook is held in position by heat shrink up the line.  Then a rubber plug is inserted in the back of the lure head that the tube fits snugly into.  This holds the hook in a downwards position with respect to how the lure runs, and the lure will still travel freely up the leader after hook up. 

Google it.

Good bait you have there.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Benni3

Quote from: Tightlines666 on December 08, 2017, 05:31:46 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on December 08, 2017, 09:25:50 AM
What size hooks go on a black bart 11in 295

I would run 12/0 mustard trolling hook in front, and 11/0 in back.  I like tandem hooks rigged with heavy braided cable, and heat shrink to hold them in the desired position.  I like them offset 90 deg on marlin baits, and 180 Deg on Wahoo lures.  A lot of guys run them 180 deg for everything.  You can buy tandem rigs premade, or make your own.

Many of the Kona guys run single stiff hook rigs, where a larger size hook is held in position by heat shrink up the line.  Then a rubber plug is inserted in the back of the lure head that the tube fits snugly into.  This holds the hook in a downwards position with respect to how the lure runs, and the lure will still travel freely up the leader after hook up. 

Google it.

Good bait you have there.

John
thank you for your support man ;D all my rigs are in the mail now  :D

Benni3

Marlo waiting for them to stock bigger trout  ;D

Benni3

Trout like cold weather and blue herons like trout  :-[

Benni3

I went by Marlos he was not home,,,,so I did some hillbilly fishing from the pier,,,but im going to get him out of the house soon  ;D

Benni3

Worked 10 been up 36 with 5hrs sleep,,,,but the shark tank travels  ;D

Alto Mare

Where are you headed too?...good luck!
I hope they made you put that baby in a carry on.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Well,,, I was wearing some captain wings,,,,I pulled out all the tricks and all my fishing gear got here,,,,and I don't know why thay let a hillbilly like me in a place like this  :D

Benni3

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 14, 2017, 10:23:48 PM
Where are you headed too?...good luck!
I hope they made you put that baby in a carry on.
yes uncle sal,,,,,it's safe  ;D in Costa Rica