Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Yesterday Austin told me that he stop at Wal-Mart to get some hooks and somebody stole his two rods out of the back of his truck  >:( not good  :(

Shark Hunter

Man, that Sucks! >:(
I'm sure it is on Camera.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

That's a shame for Austin, I do that as well when I stop at Wal-Mart. I'm glad I've been lucky so far, or I would be in jail by now ::).
What a lowlife...
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 01, 2018, 06:05:08 PM
That's a shame for Austin, I do that as well when I stop at Wal-Mart. I'm glad I've been lucky so far, or I would be in jail by now ::).
What a lowlife...
Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 01, 2018, 05:33:00 PM
Man, that Sucks! >:(
I'm sure it is on Camera.
yes the bad part is Austin is one of the good guys

Benni3

Work sent me to Virginia beach today,,,,, but no time to fish and the guy at the pier said the stripers are here now? ::)

Benni3

Got a new trout rod today 10ft susuki,,,,but from rod seat to tip it's the same length as the 9ft tfo sea runner just has a longer split-grip handle,,,,,so I had to try it out and got 7 today,,,,, not very good hook set on brooks thay just bounced off most the time,,,,but this is a amazing rod like a g.loomis you can feel the everything and he's not going to kick the hook with head shake  :D

steelfish

wow nice rod amigo Benni, you just got you a nice toy, by the way, what reel is that one?

can I ask how do you cast a trout lure with a 10ft 2oz rod?
The Baja Guy

Gfish

One thing 'bout life on a smaller island is the low crime rate. Most local people here drive P/ups and don't seem to worry about leavin a nice 13ft. Ulua rod n' reel in the back, even all night. We never lock our house or car doors('cept the car get's locked in big parking lots,like Wallmart, etc.). And it's less stressful like that, as in:"Aw man, I locked myself outta the house! "Where's my keys!"
However when gone for a month, at our 1st house in a more vulnerable location, they ripped up our new copper plumbing. Addicts!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Quote from: steelfish on March 04, 2018, 01:16:20 AM
wow nice rod amigo Benni, you just got you a nice toy, by the way, what reel is that one?

can I ask how do you cast a trout lure with a 10ft 2oz rod?
the tfo 9ft mh and the Suzuki 10ft same size ,,,,tfo weight 7.7oz susuki 7.9oz the susuki has a soft tip that makes it better to cast longer,,,,,casting all the way across the river and side drifting when you get a bite it's a lot of slack to set the hook,,,,the reel is a pflueger patriarch 35 7.6oz and thanks steelfish ;D

Benni3

Got out at day break didn't get a bite until 2:00,,,,then lost count after 12 and everybody came down  :D even Dewayne,,,, I hope his back gets better soon so he can do some fishing  ;D

Benni3

Had three molars pulled today  :-\ and got 4 Brooks  ;) and boozer got a big brook today  ;D

Benni3

Last year I had the game warden called on me 8 times Salem police twice,,,,but I was all in the good no problems,,,,last night it was my turn,,,,, me and Marlo was fishing and time was up,,,,,but three guy stated with trout lines  >:( poachers and boozer came down and got there license plate numbers don't know if thay got them yet  ;D

Tightlines667

That big one is a beautiful fish.  I electrofished hundreds for MNDNR and trout unlimited, as part of a lake run (splake) study and don't think we ever got one that nice.  What was the length?

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ksong

Quote from: Benni3 on March 03, 2018, 01:42:37 AM
Got a new trout rod today 10ft susuki,,,,but from rod seat to tip it's the same length as the 9ft tfo sea runner just has a longer split-grip handle,,,,,so I had to try it out and got 7 today,,,,, not very good hook set on brooks thay just bounced off most the time,,,,but this is a amazing rod like a g.loomis you can feel the everything and he's not going to kick the hook with head shake  :D
Glad you like the rod.
We are at Fred Hall Show in Long Beach. If you like to check the 9'6" and 10' Black Hole Suzuki rods, come to the Black Hole USA booth ( #1313) at Long Beach Fred Hall Show.
The retail price is only $195 for the 9'6" and $215 for the 10'. Besides, you get 10 percent discount for show special.

Benni3

Quote from: Tightlines666 on March 07, 2018, 04:15:03 AM
That big one is a beautiful fish.  I electrofished hundreds for MNDNR and trout unlimited, as part of a lake run (splake) study and don't think we ever got one that nice.  What was the length?

John
thanks,,,,and there's one nice guy in tu that pays to stock the c&r with big trout,,,,this is the biggest I got