Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Thanks Benni, Those are some fat ones. Are those what the call Vipers?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Benni3

Quote from: Swami805 on May 10, 2018, 03:41:59 AM
Thanks Benni, Those are some fat ones. Are those what the call Vipers?
we call them hybrids :D,,,,,, striper and white bass mix,,gmo,,dna,,not sure what thay did,,,but thay made a pretty mean fighting Frankenstein little fish and when me and Marlo hook one we don't know what it is a hybird,,big cat,,carp or real striper? ;D

Benni3

Got 3 today,,,,the black hole rod did good on the carp,,,,,,but the little hybrids fight harder and take more drag ;D

Benni3

Kayak little at the cove,,,,got a small cat then got Marlo,,,,the storm didn't hit us,,,but neither did the fish

Benni3

Then when it was time to go one started taking line,,,,i said get it Marlo  :D ya Marlo really likes the rod to ;D

Rivverrat

I love checking in on your thread Bennie. Good Stuff ! ... Jeff

Gfish

Beautiful fish, those hybirds. If I'm not mistaken, Stripers & white bass are in the temperate bass family and the same genus---"Marone" 'er somethin like that. Which'ed mean they can be cross-bred, but the hybird offspring would be sterile.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

No luck for me today,,,, but Dewayne had a really great day on the trout,,,, I want him to catch a hybrid on a fly reel,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Rivverrat on May 13, 2018, 06:47:58 AM
I love checking in on your thread Bennie. Good Stuff ! ... Jeff
thanks man  :D
Quote from: Gfish on May 14, 2018, 01:24:51 AM
Beautiful fish, those hybirds. If I'm not mistaken, Stripers & white bass are in the temperate bass family and the same genus---"Marone" 'er somethin like that. Which'ed mean they can be cross-bred, but the hybird offspring would be sterile.
maybe that's why there so mad :D the cove has a aeration system and very clean water,,,thay put up a great fight  ;D

oc1

Fishery managers love wipers.  They are inexpensive to produce, grow quickly, are great sport fish and they do not over-populate.  The stocking density can be adjusted to keep the pond in balance.  But, unlike largemouth, they don't do very well if the only forage is blue gill.  They control crappie over-population though and create better fishing for large crappie.  If the pond has shad or shiners the wipers will really take off.  With aeration they grow even faster.  With aeration you can also use a pellet feeder and not worry about low oxygen.
-steve

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on May 14, 2018, 09:39:44 AM
Fishery managers love wipers.  They are inexpensive to produce, grow quickly, are great sport fish and they do not over-populate.  The stocking density can be adjusted to keep the pond in balance.  But, unlike largemouth, they don't do very well if the only forage is blue gill.  They control crappie over-population though and create better fishing for large crappie.  If the pond has shad or shiners the wipers will really take off.  With aeration they grow even faster.  With aeration you can also use a pellet feeder and not worry about low oxygen.
-steve
sensei,,,, :)can't wait for your next fishing report love the cool fishing gear you use,,,,,got 1 today on the 1/0 uncle sal built,,, did great!!!but now I know why thay call them wipers ;D

oc1

Those are all nice ones Benny.  Three years old maybe?  You sure have the spots.
-steve

Alto Mare

You go Benni...keep making memories ;).

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rivverrat

Only fish I know of that may have the same level of fight as a wiper around here would be a Missourri River Carp.

River carp river fish in general are much noticeably better scrapped than the same caught from a Lake.

I love catching Wipers. They are very aggressive fish... Jeff

Benni3

I got 1 marlo 3,,,We got a flash strom,,,had to talk Marlo in to going :D