Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Benni,
I hope you are OK.
I never like falling down.
Fortunately, the sand where I fish is very soft because I fall on it about every trip. ;)
It is usually related to too many beers and heavy gear.
Sand socks are slippery in the sand.
Life is Good!

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 29, 2018, 04:26:43 AM
Benni,
I hope you are OK.
I never like falling down.
Fortunately, the sand where I fish is very soft because I fall on it about every trip. ;)
It is usually related to too many beers and heavy gear.
Sand socks are slippery in the sand.
thanks man,,,I'm great,,, best guardian angel ever,,,but that's why the native Indians called it the river of evil spirits,,,,very dangerous river ;D

Shark Hunter

Best to you brother.
There is a lake really close to where I live. Less than a 1/2 mile away.
I am going to make it a point to start fishing fresh water as much as possible.
As much as I love fishing the gulf. I need to keep it real. ;)
I haven't fresh water fished in years.
I have been so obsessed with catching saltwater fish, that I have forgotten my roots.
Life is Good!

Rivverrat

Fishing is Fishing regardless of the water fished. Especially when compared to not fishing.  

TheReelShop

Benni what monters lurk in the river to go against that 20/0? Falling is bad bad bad!!!

I fished the Jetty down here in South Florida. I'll never forget. I hooked up a nice personal best snook that night. Once we were done we packed up. Thing is we have to walk with our gear (rods, tackle boxes, 5 gallon bucket) on these big jetty rocks. As we know, some parts of the rock are slippery. I fell straight on my sacral bone with everything. It was so bad I got lightheaded and almost passed out sitting. I believer not even a month and I got diagnosed with a herniated disc. I asked the docs if this fall was related and they said no, but I beg to differ. anywho you gotta be very careful....

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 29, 2018, 05:10:17 AM
Best to you brother.
There is a lake really close to where I live. Less than a 1/2 mile away.
I am going to make it a point to start fishing fresh water as much as possible.
As much as I love fishing the gulf. I need to keep it real. ;)
I haven't fresh water fished in years.
I have been so obsessed with catching saltwater fish, that I have forgotten my roots.

fly fishing for sunnys is fun but there is a monster in that lake and the next thing you know you got a 9/0 and your paddling your kayak out and your dropping the bait :D your looking down the rabbit hole my friend  ;D and your going to have lots of fun ;D

Benni3

Quote from: TheReelShop on July 29, 2018, 03:28:01 PM
Benni what monters lurk in the river to go against that 20/0? Falling is bad bad bad!!!

I fished the Jetty down here in South Florida. I'll never forget. I hooked up a nice personal best snook that night. Once we were done we packed up. Thing is we have to walk with our gear (rods, tackle boxes, 5 gallon bucket) on these big jetty rocks. As we know, some parts of the rock are slippery. I fell straight on my sacral bone with everything. It was so bad I got lightheaded and almost passed out sitting. I believer not even a month and I got diagnosed with a herniated disc. I asked the docs if this fall was related and they said no, but I beg to differ. anywho you gotta be very careful....
I just want to test the 20/0 out on small fish first :D I hope thay fix your back,,,so your not in any pain ;D

swill88

Quote from: Benni3 on July 29, 2018, 03:51:11 AM
Me and marlo went to the new river and everytime we see this water snake this must be his home,,,,and he is very curious :o

What kind of snake Benni?

steve

Benni3

Got 1 hybrid today ;D

Benni3

Quote from: swill88 on July 30, 2018, 11:24:28 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on July 29, 2018, 03:51:11 AM
Me and marlo went to the new river and everytime we see this water snake this must be his home,,,,and he is very curious :o

What kind of snake Benni?

steve
it's the water snakes here in va,,,this one I could of hand feed  :D

Swami805

Nice fish Benni, do they get bigger than that? I didn't know they got that big.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Benni3

Quote from: Swami805 on July 31, 2018, 02:29:21 AM
Nice fish Benni, do they get bigger than that? I didn't know they got that big.
yes,,,me and my dad was fishing claytor lake and I saw this guy in a small aluminum boat he got state record that day,,,,15lb13oz :D

oc1

Yours looks like at least ten.  Maybe four or five year old.  Good catch Benny.
-steve

Tiddlerbasher

Benni what do those hybrids tats like?

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on July 31, 2018, 08:23:07 AM
Yours looks like at least ten.  Maybe four or five year old.  Good catch Benny.
-steve
thanks man,,,,,your right on the age stocked 2013,,,the weight? Larry said the fish has scales on them but that don't tell you the weight :D I have had 3 rapala scales,,,thay work good for 2 months then there no good ??? I need a old fashion spring scale :) sometimes I use length to width for a ball park ;D