Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Those hybrid stripers are one of my most favorite fish to target. They pull like a freight train, I believe it has to do with their wider "pan fish" profile. They have the little White Bass's profile...but the Striper's size. A 5lb. hybrid on ulralight tackle is a handful. Great fishin' Benni! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Benni3

Quote from: mo65 on August 03, 2018, 02:44:25 PM
   Those hybrid stripers are one of my most favorite fish to target. They pull like a freight train, I believe it has to do with their wider "pan fish" profile. They have the little White Bass's profile...but the Striper's size. A 5lb. hybrid on ulralight tackle is a handful. Great fishin' Benni! 8)
thanks man,,,,,that one was on the torque 5,,,because me and marlo keep hooking bigger fish and thay go for cover !snap! ???,,,,the hybrids are most fun on 8lb light drag,light tackle ;D

Benni3

Got 1 cat today on the 20/0 the big fish are all down hill now

oc1

I'm glad you didn't get skinked with five lines again  ;)
-steve

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on August 04, 2018, 10:57:39 AM
I'm glad you didn't get skinked with five lines again  ;)
-steve
thanks man,,, :D I found these in the river thay feel like rock but look like fiberglass,,,but I have know idea what thay are? ;D

oc1

It might be mica  Benny.
-steve

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on August 04, 2018, 08:06:12 PM
It might be mica  Benny.
-steve
didn't know if was plant fossil or dino bone,,,but anyway it look in the cool,,,thanks for your help ;D

Rivverrat

Could be lime stone. What ever they are they have a story to tell with those lines & patterns in them. That didnt come about with out cause. I really like looking at rocks when I'm out on the river. Rocks just lay there no one paying them much attention. But they have stories to tell & will tell them to all who take the time. 

Five lined skinks are great to watch also. As they move about on the forest mat below the trees on the rivers bank... Jeff

Benni3

Skunked :D started really making fish when it was time to go  ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Rivverrat on August 05, 2018, 01:41:38 AM
Could be lime stone. What ever they are they have a story to tell with those lines & patterns in them. That didnt come about with out cause. I really like looking at rocks when I'm out on the river. Rocks just lay there no one paying them much attention. But they have stories to tell & will tell them to all who take the time. 

Five lined skinks are great to watch also. As they move about on the forest mat below the trees on the rivers bank... Jeff
yes when your fishing the things you find and the wildlife you see is a big +  ;D

Swami805

We have those skinks here too, some have bright blue tails. Don't see them much,like Jeff said they spend their time in leaf litter.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Benni3

Got 1 cat today at philpott lake ;D

xjchad

First fish caught on a 20/0 Penn! Congrats Benni!!  8)
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Benni3

Quote from: xjchad on August 06, 2018, 09:53:56 PM
First fish caught on a 20/0 Penn! Congrats Benni!!  8)
thanks man,,,,, all the hard work uncle sal did and other members on parts,,,tiburon,,randy :) had to catch a fish even if it is a igfa record for smallest :D it's a start  ;D

Benni3

Skunked again :D Roanoke river near Smith mountain lake,,,the cats like taking us in to the rocks ;D