Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Thanks Benni, good photos & report, good to have mates like Daron, he will get some good riggs for you, true Ohana, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

steelfish

Quote from: Donnyboat on August 30, 2018, 03:54:54 PM
...... good to have mates like Daron,.

nothing surprising here, Daron is a true gentleman

Benni, awesome fishing amigo, I bet those groupers pulled hard like a freightrain
The Baja Guy

Benni3

Thanks guys,,,, :D I got some photos from the go pro,,,,here is the rod on the 9/0 stand up ;D

Benni3

Here are some from the 20/0,,,, 2# fish this when he breaks 2# rod holder ;D

Benni3

Quote from: thorhammer on August 29, 2018, 02:08:25 AM
dude that's awesome....youre on fire...I think you are the first to fish the 20/0
and first to burn the drag washers out  :o sorry uncle sal

Benni3

fighting 4 big ones and catching the small one was awesome  :D but when thay set me up for round 6# I'm like ok,,,,, but I was whipped  :(  and glad thay wouldn't bite so next time I need some Ohana friends to come along and have a east coast charter  ;D

mo65

Way ta go Benni! Fantastic fishin'!! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Quote from: Benni3 on August 30, 2018, 10:55:42 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on August 29, 2018, 02:08:25 AM
dude that's awesome....youre on fire...I think you are the first to fish the 20/0
and first to burn the drag washers out  :o sorry uncle sal
I should get the 20/0 by Saturday, I'll see what's going on then.

No matter what, it's always a good feeling when a monster blows up your reel ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Nice work Benni.  Sal keep us informed as to what you find.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

Got 1 cat 1 hybrid at the cove

Rivverrat

Quote from: Dominick on September 01, 2018, 12:04:14 AM
Nice work Benni.  Sal keep us informed as to what you find.  Dominick

Yes Sal, please do... Jeff

Alto Mare

Quote from: Benni3 on September 01, 2018, 01:12:31 PM
Got 1 cat 1 hybrid at the cove
I'm surprised you were able to tell those were on, after building some muscle on those monsters on your latest trip ;D.

The box is here, but I haven't opened it yet. My wife received it and she said the mailman wasn't happy carrying it ;D

Benni, did you ever check the box the last time I sent it to you? There is a stand and a full set of frame posts going back and forth ;D

I could feel it has zero drag , telling me the ears on the washers are gone. :-\

You wouldn't have been able to catch a minnow as it is now.

I will open it up later on.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Yes,,,,my arms are still sore :D and check out the first 2ft of 200lb mono it's like that all the way up 60ft in places,,,,the captain said I should have ran straight braid ??? But I think daron was right on mono top shot over braid ;) and thanks for all you hard work on this uncle sal ;D

Benni3

Got 2 cats and 1 hybrid and marlo got 2 cats,,,we had a blast ;D

David Hall

I just have to say that I don't know if I have ever seen two more energetic happy guys fishing.  Reading your posts and seeing those smiling faces is some fine entertainment.
Keep up the good work and keep posting your adventures.
  I was reading Sals post on the shredded drag washers, and I was curious about what or how you managed to destroy them?  Then I put two and five together and Sals comment about not wanting to spoil your Luck, that's when I remembered your thread "Luck",  and well 90 minutes later and skipping pages by fives until I got up to page 63,  well I knew it would be near the last posts you made but I didn't want to just skip over everything so I went by 5s, and read the page, etcetera until I got here!  Man oh man I've watched videos of those Goliath groupers yank people right out of their shoes.  Do you know what your drag pressure was?  Broke two rod holders and shredded the drags.  Best torture test I have read.